Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

ok, so I'm whip stitching together now. not loving it at all. it's so much like sewing and takes longer since I can crochet so much faster. has anyone crocheted the panels together? if I use a slip stitch, does it make a huge ridge/edge along the seams? if you have done it this way, which way do you recommend? do you think one way looks better than the other? just curious if anyone did it differently. thanks!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it is sewing.

I hate sewing projects together which is the only reason I haven't made more of these. I usually make solid afghans so I don't have to sew at all.

Some people have slst'd their ghans together - I personally don't really like the look of it. That's just a matter of preference.

I would suggest if your going to slst it together that you also slst's across the squares width-wise so that it'll maintain a consistent look. You could do it in a 3rd color if you wanted to.

You'd have to look thru the pics in the first post to see if anyone's done it. I know some people have but I don't remember which ones.

rr, wasnt there 1 person who (i know is too late for the 1 sewing it together now) crocheted it tog as she went?? didnt she post directs for that?? and would it be possible to link to that post in your 1st post?? to give folks an alt. way?

I vaguely remember that. It's the same technique used in doing the American Flag afghans.

I hate to be the party pooper but I'm not going thru over 2,000 posts to find it. I'll be more than happy to post it if someone does come across it and has a post number.

Do you have any idea when that was?

very interesting way to join the flannelghans Thanks for finding that link Julie

I am almost done with the 2nd strip- I took a break from it to make two hats and a cowl and a scarf.

I whipstitch my flannelghan's together and I'm thinking instead of leaving it until the end when all the strips are done I'm going to whipstitch 1&2 before moving on to crocheting strip #3. It won't feel so tedious that way.

thank you joules for finding that. i was thinking it was by a "turtle", but was a bee instead. shows how good my memory can be. and thank you rose for putting it on the 1st post.... not started 1 yet due to like a 100 ghans in progress... but have some ideas for color options.

I'm working on one of these for my DH. Navy blue and oatmeal. Have 1 strip finished already.

I'm finally getting around to finishing my flannelghan. One of my new year's resoutons was to finish my wips before starting any new projects. On the 3rd row of the edging.

My resolution was to clean up the craft room. I put my wips neatly in bags and put them on top of my bookcases. If the time comes when I ever want to actually finish them I'll have to look thru to remember what they were.

GENE! long time no see! Happy New Year!

Archived