Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the pattern. I'm in on this one too. Although it may be a while before it is finished. Working on more projects than I normally do at one time but hey why not, I'm going to throw this one in too. :lol The perfect excuse to buy more yarn!:D

Very cool Croshay! I finally picked up yarn!!! :cheer I'm using Caron pounders in soft green and midnight blue! It almsot matches the curtains in the living room. Ot at least well enough that it'll go. But it may just end up on the bed instead. Who knows!? I'm really looking forward to starting this later this week! :yes

I'm not sure if I said this already or not, but I am going to start this As soon as I am done with my Starghan! I'm using Burgundy and Light Sage Red Heart SS! I'm hoping they'll look good together! My sofa is Burgundy & my Hubby's Recliner is Light sage!

Yeah RoseRed!!! :cheer:yay:cheer:yay

I'm just about to sit down and start working on this. (I played hookie a little, but not much, from work today. :blush )

I'll post as soon as I have something to show for it. My DH said the colors I chose are for us and that if I did it Crimson and Cream (OU) or Navy and Gold (Navy) FIL would be soooooo happy. Now I know. I hope to find a decent gold color because I've got a great navy in mind....

lol :lol My FIL and MIL live about an hour south of OKC. My BIL lives in Norman, therefore, OU is the team (as opposed to OSU....). Me, I'm a KU fan personally. Either that or 'Nova, since my parents live close to 'Nova now. I may live in PA, but I think I'm one of the few who aren't a Penn State fan. Well, maybe a little for football.

I'm about 4/7 through my first strip. I'd post a pic but I'm at work and the project's at home :D

I KNOW! I love black and pink! :) I"m really really tempted to start this. I come to this thread every time I log on and just look. Well, most of my black yarn is at the moment pretending to be a sweater I lost interest in long ago, so I'd have a major frog session first. Maybe so, just maybe. I've been wanting to do an afghan for a while, and I like this more than any others I've seen in a while. I may have to dive off into this one. :hook

Oh, please do join us Melissa CraftyButterfly! This is a fun pattern and is working up nice and quick. I'm only using 10 rows per square, as that what my guage turned out to be. I've GOT to get a picture posted soon... Mine is Midnight Blue and Soft Green Caron pounders. Looks great so far!

Oh, just dive in! We'd be happy to have you join us! Since it's done in strips you can break the task down so it's not so daunting!

The one I'm making now has 9 inch squares by 9 color blocks long. I'm going to add a couple more strips to keep it in ratio.

and... these are great for stashbusting!

It seems that cold out here today. Dug out from the ~6" of snow (yeah, not much but the most we've had yet this winter...) and am stuck here at work. Unfortunately, yesterday wasn't a snow day since I can work from home so I didn't get any further... I'm really itching to work on this though...

Addey, that's how I felt when I was working on mine...I didn't want to put it down. :lol I'm tempted to do another one and do it in dc's like you guys are doing. (I had started my last one in sc's after seeing the picture but before RoseRed posted her pattern.) I'm sure the dc version goes a lot faster.

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l242addey_album/Crochet/th_Lumberjack1.jpg

Here is my first strip. I'm 1 square into my 2nd strip. It really is moving along quickly, I did three squares in about 1.5 hours last night, but wasn't being fast about it. I really am enjoying it. My DH likes it too. It's looking like it'll be just over 6' after I add the boarder. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to make it square or rectangular..... We'll see how the yarn holds out I guess :P

I think though, with the one for my FIL, who wants a smaller afghan/lapghan, I'm going to use a K hook.

p.s. has anyone else had problems where they couldn't click on the smilies or any of the other buttons in the reply/thread editor?? I've had this problem on both my computers for about 2 weeks now... Can't figure it out.

Archived