Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

I've started a one-piece version, and it started up really well. Then school started, and I haven't touched a hook since the beginning of January!! :( I've missed everyone, though, and I will put up pictures as soon as I can!! My son picked a shade of green and a shade of brown for his...they look very nice together!!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. I finally got Boo's flannelghan done, washed and pictures taken. I even managed to get a vest and diaper cover to go with it out of the leftovers, and still have ~1 skein of yellow and half a skein of green!!

Details: I hook. 2 skeins "mint" and 1.5 skeins "lemon" Bernat Softee Baby. Aprox 6" squares. Total blanket size, aprox 31" square. I kept the border really simple. (I still can't find that drated book!) 3 rounds of DC (green, mix, yellow) and 1 round rsc. It looks nice and gives a clean edge.

Pictures:

2223284360_87eedbc7d0.jpg?v=0

This is my newest bear Angel cuddling up with the unfinished blanket. Angel came to us the day that my Gram left us. She's a real sweetheart.

2239815404_7cc268c85e.jpg?v=0

This is a shot of the corner. As you can see, I kept the edge simple.

2239025325_e5d1ec8860.jpg?v=0

Here's a picture of the whole "set". I still have almost 1 skein of yellow and about a half skein of green left. Not sure what I'm going to do with those...

I have been away so long that I feel like a kid in a Candy shop!

I just started crocheting again in Oct. making holiday doilies for my daughter & then some of her friends.

I finished her Valentine doily & am now on her St.Patties but dang there are so many new things...so many Beautiful things.

This Flannelghan pattern is amazing! Not to mention that I have a closet full of

:yay flannel shirts! :yay

I must make this...I mean it really looks like FLANNEL...so many beautiful color combo's that you very talented ladies have come up with.:flower

^0^

I put them there and I can see them... hmmm.... here's the link directly to my flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/83723635@N00/

Maybe it is something about flikr but I can see your pics now. I have this browser thing where I can't always see some pics on the first viewing but when I come back they are visible. Drives me crazy.

I love your stuff. the set is just wonderful.

Addey - it's a beautiful set! How about a little hat and booties to go with it? I can't remember your due date, but maybe a big brimmed hat for sun protection?

I have been home with a sick child these past 2 days (he's 15...and has pretty much been sleeping since late Sunday afternoon!) so I did crochet a bit yesterday. On my hoodie. :) I am thinking it will take 10 total skeins on that puppy, but thankfully they're cheap enough! ($2-ish @ WM). It's hard to crochet at all with the amount of typing I'm doing for school, but I took a break from studying to watch a movie and worked on the hoodie (it was handiest). Just a few more weeks....yay!! Then I'll be done with school and will be working on a test prep course, then working at home! :) (If all goes right....knock on wood!!)

Addey - it's a beautiful set! How about a little hat and booties to go with it? I can't remember your due date, but maybe a big brimmed hat for sun protection?

I have been home with a sick child these past 2 days (he's 15...and has pretty much been sleeping since late Sunday afternoon!) so I did crochet a bit yesterday. On my hoodie. :) I am thinking it will take 10 total skeins on that puppy, but thankfully they're cheap enough! ($2-ish @ WM). It's hard to crochet at all with the amount of typing I'm doing for school, but I took a break from studying to watch a movie and worked on the hoodie (it was handiest). Just a few more weeks....yay!! Then I'll be done with school and will be working on a test prep course, then working at home! :) (If all goes right....knock on wood!!)

I'm so glad you found your way back to us. I missed you (and your hoodie :wlol )

Will be praying that you ace every exam and assignment :yay so you have lots of time for crochet too.

Yes, I should probably do up a cute hat and some booties to complete the set. I'm due May 30th, but if I'm right, my "real" due date is around June 10th. (Long story.... but let's just say the Dr.s and I don't agree and are about 2 weeks off from eachother...)

I'm glad to hear school is wrapping up and I'm hoping you pass that test with flying colors! I hope your son starts feeling better too!

And thanks Darski. I'm glad you were finally able to see them. If I'm viewing threads here at work, I sometimes can't see the pictures, but can from home. (I think it's a firewall thing...)

YAY - i'm finally back from Dad's again. I'm really glad I went. He was so sick the other night - at least I was there to take care of him.

Time will tell who's right Addey! Can't wait to see the rest of the baby stuff.

Keep it tight - Thank You!

And thanks Darski. I'm glad you were finally able to see them. If I'm viewing threads here at work, I sometimes can't see the pictures, but can from home. (I think it's a firewall thing...)

It really does not make sense as it works on the second viewing of the same thread. i have to go away, look somewhere else and then come back. Guess that will just have to become SOP for this forum :wlol

Good news, my 2nd strip is almost finished as well. I moved this project to my livingroom-sit-and-look-out-the-window-chair so maybe I can get more done on it.

I really want to get this done. I set the first strip on the little bench seat that I have by the window and the colours are just so "perfect".

never give up the ship... we can get 'er done eventually. :rofl

May I ask a question about the flannelghan here? I want to make one of these for my next afghan for my nephew's HS graduation. His college colors will be red and white. Will the mixed squares look at all pink?

I looked through and tried to find one done in red/white, but probably missed it.

They won't look "pink" per-se, just lighter. If you look at the burgandy and cream one I did back this fall, you'll see that the mixed sqares are both red and cream, you see both colors, just not as "bright".

Thank you Darski and Addey. I love your burgundy and cream and it doesn't look pink at all.

I'm glad you like it. I made it for my FIL, who, unfortunately, passed away a few days before I could give it to him. My MIL has it though, so that's good.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Can you believe I'm about to start my 4th!?! Mom saw the one I made for FIL and snuggled the one I'd made for me and said that's the pattern she wants for the afghan I've been promising her for about 1.5 years now. It's going to be large lapghan sized, using caron pounders in hunter green and a blue/gray I can't remember the name of.

Thanks, yet again, for the very, very addicting pattern RoseRed! :D

Archived