Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I have my green yarns fer shure.

I admit I was tempted to the dark side by another pattern but I have returned to the light and will begin Brad's ghan as a Lumberjack ---> tomorrow

Aaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek :eek :eek

My niece was born today....but she's a boy!!! :eek :eek :eek After 2 ultrasounds showing she was a girl....she's a boy!! :lol :lol :lol

A warm welcome please for my 2nd nephew...Andrew Phillip.

11-01-2007AndrewPhillipJoinsTheWorl.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek :eek :eek

My niece was born today....but she's a boy!!! :eek :eek :eek After 2 ultrasounds showing she was a girl....she's a boy!! :lol :lol :lol

A warm welcome please for my 2nd nephew...Andrew Phillip.

11-01-2007AndrewPhillipJoinsTheWorl.jpg

Well congratulations. He isn't the first violet to grow a stem that's for sure. he sure is one handsome little guy. You lucked out on that one.

So you'll be wanting to change up some ribbons eh? :wlol

Thank you! :) He looks just like his older brother did. I had made a baby blanket in white and variegated, but now I will need to do another one in camo!! :lol I got the text message from my brother at work and I had to put my customer on hold so I could get over the surprise!! :lol

Thank you! :) He looks just like his older brother did. I had made a baby blanket in white and variegated, but now I will need to do another one in camo!! :lol I got the text message from my brother at work and I had to put my customer on hold so I could get over the surprise!! :lol

That is the great thing about life - it is never boring. :rofl

Yah know the rules ... just send pics when you make the camo :wlol

Patty! Looks great! I can never get enough of these.

On my trip out to Oklahoma last (?) week, I started a flannelghan sleeping bag for my niece's bear. I didn't like it so I frogged it... haven't started it again. I'm not sure if it was the size, color combo (dark purple and white, what I had on hand) or just my general mood.

I can't wait for the 10th for Jim to get home, even if I turn around and vanish a few days later for the rest of the week.... This truly has been a rough year and I'm looking forward to some happier times.

I haven't gotten any further on the Green Ghan but it has just been one of those weekends. I am still trying to get some organization in the chaos that is my stash and my WIP pile. :sigh

Organization? You've got to be kidding me. What amazes me is that when I was in high school and into college, I did a lot of B&W darkroom (photography) work. My parents have a darkroom in their house, which is really cool. If anyone moved so much as a pen out of place, I knew it and was really good about puting everything just so. (Mind you, my bedroom and craft area was a totally different story and still are.) Now, with yarn.... forget it! I had it all in one place at one time, now bits and pieces of projects and skeins are in every room of the place. :sigh Oh well.

Thank you...I can't wait to see him at Thanksgiving!! :)

Organization....well....nah. Nonexistent in this house!! :lol

I did do up a knit shawl (well...a rectangle I made to learn to knit and get the rhythm...after years of trying...I finished a project!!) this past week, but am back on track with the black & blue 'ghan. I have 3 strips done and together (I'm joining as I go) on the green & gray 'ghan.

Off to get some school work done...!

:thair

:sigh

I discovered today that I began with a smaller hook than I should have... I just grabbed a blue hook and it is only 8mm and not 10mm. :sigh

I ripped it out and started with a larger chain anyway so I can likely get a square effect in my blocks rather than the rectangels I have been getting. Well. here I am literally back at square one! (I kill me sometimes :rofl )

It will pay off in the long run so I am not terribly sorry I did this.

I am working 23 stitches for 14 rows and getting a very nice square at this point. I am back to where I hit the :frog pond and now I can make some real progress.

An interesting aside, my original join point from my last attempt (where the new colour was brought in) is about half way up this new block... :sigh guess the bigger hook makes a difference eh?

I did my first one in Red Heart Super Saver...the 2 I'm currently working on are being done in Bernat Super Value, and the 4th one will be done in Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn.

I can't remember how many I used for the first one, but I also made it only a 5x5. The 2 I'm doing I bought 6 skeins of the "main color" and 5 of the "secondary color" and am doing them as a 7x5. For the 4th one, I believe I also bought 6 and 5 skeins. These are just the standard 7 oz skeins.

I'll try to get to counting how many I've used this weekend. I've finished 3 strips on each, and will piece together the black/blue strip tonight. I'm joining them as I go to save frustration later. :)

Both of mine took less than 4 lb (I think, have to double check the post on the first one) The second was actualy about 3.5 lb total, I have an ounce or so left of the crimson and a lot of the cream left. I had about 10 yards of navy left with the mint/navy one, but a good bit of mint. I'm guessing they took almost the same amount, while the one was 5X7 and the other 5X5, the 5X5 used bigger squares and a bigger border.

• 2 weeks later...

Welll....first of all, sorry I've been MIA. I've been super stressed out and trying to catch up then keep up with school. *sigh* My DH gambled all but $250 of his paycheck away last Friday (the 9th) and now we're overdrawn. Not by a lot, but I still have the feeling.

Then...to add insult to injury...I had to order 2 more skeins of my main color!! I better not run out of the CC, or I will be in trouble. THankfully, I have 1 strip left of the green-grey one, and 1 full skein of grey left (green is the main color). For that one, I am planning a row of sc in green, 1 row of sc in the 2 colors, then a row of sc in green again.

The black-blue one I have 2 strips left, and am unsure of the border yet. I will finish the green-grey one first and see how it goes.

I hope everyone in America has a Happy Thanksgiving! I will get to see my nephew for the first time...yay!!

And all you non-Americans....have a Happy Thanksgiving anyway!! :lol I am thankful for all of you, so why not? :D

Sorry to hear about the $$/yarn troubles. I can't wait to see your blankets together!!

I hope everyone has a happy Turkey Day!

so what is up with this turkey day thingy? I admit that I cannot understand whatever reasoning is behind that one.:think

Are people afraid of being grateful or or are they just ungrateful?

I guess it just seems like the height of chutzpah for anyone living in North America to lack gratitude. People in 80% of the world would love to have as much as our homeless do.

I don't know... I love Thanksgiving and being thankful, but I try and do that all year. I guess it came about somewhere, somehow becuase so many people gorge themselves on turkey for the holiday. (That and turkey is shorter to type than thanksgiving??) Maybe it's that people are affraid to 'offend' anyone by saying the wrong/inappropriate holiday or 'push' their holiday on others... I mean, this is a public holiday, the only religious overtones are the ones your own family puts on it. :shrug not sure why I use it, maybe just to be silly?

(Of course, I'm also biased about this holiday because my brithday is always right before, on or right after, so not only do I get to be thankful for my family, but for another year here.)

Archived