Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

OK. I couldn't resist. I saw that this thread was up to 999 replies and I just had to post the 1000th post.

That and I'm trying to avoid thinking about my Gram. She's had health issues for the past year, that I know I've mentioned. Well... she had a PET scan yesterday and the doctor today didn't like the results. That's all I know. I hate being in the dark!

Keep up the beautiful 'ghans everyone. I love seeing them and cheering everyone on as the strips appear. :hug

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hug :hug Addey, I hope things turn out OK with your Gram!! :hug

I had to post when I saw today's Annie's Attic Free Pattern...a Lumberjack thrown. It's got nothin' on ours!!!!

I'll be in the Black Hills this weekend, so I won't be posting again until Monday. Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

:hug :hug Addey, I hope things turn out OK with your Gram!! :hug

I had to post when I saw today's Annie's Attic Free Pattern...a Lumberjack thrown. It's got nothin' on ours!!!!

I'll be in the Black Hills this weekend, so I won't be posting again until Monday. Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

My prayers are with you too Addey.

That is a nice pattern at Annies today. I wouldn't use those colours but it could be neat in black and white... hmmnn

Question, first of all I am now sewing my strips together, this should have been done long ago lol I keep picking up my thread project..

now my question is this? does anyone have a close idea of how much yarn they used? I ask because our Michaels is having a great yarn sale..Vanna's yarn is two for $6.00..I want to get the yarn for another of these ghans but don't want to short change and run into dye lot problems again.

I was keeping track until I has to frog the first one and now have no idea how much I used :no

I really want to buy this yarn so any help is appreciated

thanks

does anyone have a close idea of how much yarn they used? I ask because our Michaels is having a great yarn sale..Vanna's yarn is two for $6.00..I want to get the yarn for another of these ghans but don't want to short change and run into dye lot problems again.

The one I just finished used about 3460 yds of my main color and 2470 yds of the contrast color. I do have about 1.5 skeins (247 yds/skein) left in each color.

My blanket is about 6.5' x 5.5'.

Anna:hook

The one I just finished used about 3460 yds of my main color and 2470 yds of the contrast color. I do have about 1.5 skeins (247 yds/skein) left in each color.

My blanket is about 6.5' x 5.5'.

Anna:hook

thanks so much, I can convert that to metric and get a good idea..I am dying to go and buy this yarn lol

thank-you :)

So go and buy the yarn. If I can afford to I try to buy more than I need. This way I can add to my stash or return it later but not run out!

thats my plan since I saw the sale on Saturday I cant get it out of my mind lol

and I am going to buy extra...

:yarn

:yay Yarn!! :yarn

I have no idea how many yards I used, for FIL's I used almost 2lb of crimson (mc) and just over 1lb of cream (cc). I'm sure I could figure it out by looking at the label and doing some math, but I'm lazy that way.

No new news on Gram, her Dr. appointment is tomorrow. My mom is down there so hopefully tomorrow night or Wednesday I'll get info. Sucky part is, I've got people in town this week and am supposed to take them out tomorrow night, which is when mom would call. Oh well. I'll have to call her Wed. Although, if it's bad enough, I'm sure she'll call right away and hopefully I'll be able to answer.

Do you have a cell phone? or maybe pick up a trac phone so your mom can reach you. Just an idea.

Will say a prayer for your Gram for tomarrow. And one for you and your nerves. It's always awful when people we love aren't well.

I've got a cell, and so does mom. (I'm not sure what I'd do without mine some days... especially with all the travel....) The problem is, if I'm in the middle of teaching, I can't just answer the phone. In this case, I know I should, but... I am at work and in the middle of a meeting....

Thanks all. Her appointment isn't until this afternoon, so I won't hear anything until this evening anyhow. I just hope I hear my phone ring tonight, I have to take these people out to dinner. Yes, the people here would underestand. I wouldn't have so much of a problem with the interuption if I wasn't the one leading the meeting. (I'm trying to train my sales guys this week.... ugh) It's one thing when one of the general people have to duck out for a minute, the meeting can continue, but when the leader has to duck out, everything comes to a halt.

I'm not as worried as I was, mostly because I'm ignorning it I think, but also because this past year has been full of "it is bad" followed quickly by "no, it's not as bad as we thought" and then back again. It's been a real yo-yo rollercoaster of a ride. We'll see.

Well... I promised all of you an update and now I have one.

It's not looking good.

In July she had a kidney removed because of cancer (bladder cancer in her kidney actually... go fig!). The bone scan prior was clean. The bone scan a few months later, not clean.

The oncologist said that there is cancer widespread throughout her bones and even in her brain. Radiation isn't an option because it is too wide spread. He originally wasn't going to offer chemo 'because of your age...'. That set Gram off like a rocket! He agreed to do a round of chemo at low levels once a week (instead of higher doses every 3 weeks), but wouldn't accept a yes from her until she'd read everything and slept on it for a week. Knowing gram, she'll probably say yes even after reading about all the horible things chemo will do to her. She just wants to make it to February. She wants to make it to 85 and be older than her parents were. (both of them missed 85 by only a brief time....)

I'm upset. I'm scared, but part of me is at peace I think. I hate, hate, hate the thought of loosing her, but I know the day will come.

Prayers, hugs and good thoughts always appreciated.

Addey, there is nothing we can say that will make it better.:hug :hug We all have to face this sooner or later. At least she is still sharp and "with it". Enjoy the time you have left with her and say all the things I couldn't say to my Dad before he passed 7 years ago.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. :manyheart

I am on round two of the border so I may have pics tonight..

only thing I am not sure about because I modified the size of my squares is, I am doing a v-stitch with only one space in between instead of two..I hope I haven't messed it up.

Cool!! Can't wait to see pictures. I truly love seeing these come to life and come together. I didn't do the 'standard' border on either of mine :lol I guess maybe for a change of pace I will next time :P (I do intend on doing at least one more... maybe more... not sure.)

I am on round two of the border so I may have pics tonight..

only thing I am not sure about because I modified the size of my squares is, I am doing a v-stitch with only one space in between instead of two..I hope I haven't messed it up.

Barb, I can't wait! Well, I can, but I'm anxious to see how it turned out. :cheer

Barb, I can't wait! Well, I can, but I'm anxious to see how it turned out. :cheer

I can't wait either lol whenever I get to the end of a project I go through being fed up and wanting it done and being excited to have it done, if that makes sense

kind of a love hate relationship

Archived