Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

I got my yarn I got my yarn I got my yarn I got my yarn I got my yarn I got my yarn I got my yarn

I read this to my boys and they both had this thunder struck look. Together they hollered......."that's you!" Too funny.

I told them that there are a lot of us out there...so beware. I am now a member of the "ghan clan".

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy little birdie:ducky ...teehee.... :)

:yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn

I will try to remember to take a picture of my new stash (not to be confused with the old stash currently hidden in closets upstairs! :lol ) this weekend, before I start to work on projects!!

Can you imagine...working on 2 of these flannel-ghans at once?? :hook

IT'S FINISHED!!! I took the pics with my camera, so the colors aren't quite right, but you get the idea. I think, next time, I'll do 7 strips instead of 5, so it will be a bit wider.

th_09-21-07_1111.jpg

clickable

This looks wonderful. I guess you could go wider but it looks good.

This really uses the colours so well. :yay

Very cool!! Great to see another finished one up. I don't think we've had a color repeat yet... or if so, I don't remember because they've all looked so good and different from eachother. I will never cease to be amazed at what such a simple pattern can turn into.

Hmmm... intersting thought..... :think

Do you know what their wedding colors are? Mine were purple and dark blue, which would make a great looking one now that I think about it... Or you could go a more 'traditional' route with say... a cream and a bright white. It would be very subtle. Or what are their favorite colors? Then you'd be 'tying' them together that way... (might not work if they both said blue or something like that :lol) Or the months they were born in and use their birthstone color? For DH and me it would be Saphire (Sept) and a golden yellow (November).

Gah! Brain on overlaod! :spin:blink:spin

Mindy - BEAUTIFUL!!:clap

Mine is waiting on the runway - I have a graph ghan to make which needs to get done first. Oh, well, at least this pattern is FAST!:yes

Morrigan did you get your yarn yet? ;)

I haven't touched my ghan, I am all wrapped up into the first thread project, but I am going to promise myself to get moving on the ghan this week-end.

Two weeks ago, Alco (a local mini Wal-Mart type of store), had their yarn on their annual fall sale. I went three times and ended up with 50 skeins of Red Heart yarn in all colors for less that $60.00. My youngest had a fit. My upstairs has more yarn than a yarn store. My oldest just shook his head and told my youngest to "letitgo".

I loved the slide show of the pretty yarn. I love yarn. I love to feel it and look at it.:manyheart

Ok...I have a slideshow posted at my blog, but I will post it here, too. I found this feature today on photobucket (I'm sure it's been there awhile, but I didn't need it until today! :lol)....enjoy!!

Looking good! I can't wait to see the pics of the finished projects. :wlol

Nice kitties too. :cat:cat

Ask and y'all shall receive!! :) I guess the movie was only 5 hours long...plus a break for lunch and then to make popcorn. :)

Greygreenflannel-ghanFirstStripblur.jpg

Strip 1 of ghan 2 done!! :D That's the silver & deep sea green. :hook It is 75" long and 10" wide.

I was surprised I only had 2 kitties downstairs. Stubby usually also like to check things out, but Scotti rarely does. :) Fuzzy made sure (again!) that I took frequent breaks for cuddle time!! :lol Wuzzy checked it out, then got mad when I put it all back in the box so she hid for a few hours. :)

Hey guys! How's everyone getting along on their blankets? I'm thinking of doing more, but not sure who for...

Just thoguht I'd share something totally different. My cousin's son was born a week ago, so yesterday was his Bris.

Here's the blanket I made him:

1442633228_7310f1f954_m.jpg

Not a flannelghan, I know, but still.... This yarn was bought at a LYS in Jacksonville on that trip I should have tried harder to meet up with RoseRed on...

Here's a picture of the 3 generations of SugerMen... (their last name is Sugerman...)

1441769895_aced9ea674_m.jpg

Very pretty rainbow!!!! :) And handsome Sugermen too!! :)

I got strip 1 of flannel-ghan 2 done last night. Now I'm back to working on the baby-ghan. Pictures will be this weekend. :)

My online course started Monday, except the Blackboard site was still doing upgrades and so we can't do much of anything!! Very frustrating. I have the syllabus to 1 of 4 classes, so I will work on that a bit this morning and tonight. Hopefully all will be up and running tonight.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Archived