Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

It's been a while since I've posted but I did manage to finish my "Chicago Bears" colored afghan for my friends for X-mas.

IMG_6056_edited.jpg

Thisi s a wonderful version of this. I love those colours. Really vibrant.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool Bears 'ghan. Although, to me it's Syracuse colors :D

It sounds like the lapghan one should be nice too. And you're right, for $2 who can complain?? I think making it with lighter yarn would be really cool. My latest one weight in at just under 3.25 lb! And it was 5/7th the size of a full one, making a full one averaging around 4.5 lb!

Glad to see ya around.

Hey all....long time, no see. I had to stop working on my flannelghan back in July because I'd run out of one color of yarn and could not find any more anywhere. I've been hunting through yarn stores in three states and couldn't find it. Eventually found a lady on ebay who was selling it in lots of 12 skeins, but I didn't need that much. Two or three would have been plenty. So, I just put it away for a while, not wanting to admit that all was lost and frog it. :(

Well, on Friday, one of my friends suggested going to a discount store about 30 minutes away to look for it. I told her the color was discontinued and we weren't going to find it. :no She said, "Well, let's go anyway. It's the only place we haven't looked."

So, we drove 30 minutes to get to this store, and we go looking for the yarn. Sure enough, right there on the shelf were exactly THREE skeins of that wonderful dark plum yarn. :cheer Of course, I grabbed it and petted it and cooed over it like it was expensive jewelry or something. And I floated all the way home. :manyheart

I should finish my last panel today, and join the strips tonight. Tomorrow's goal is the border. Maybe I'll make it for Photo Friday!

Hope everyone is having a lovely day!

Mindy

:yay

Very glad to hear you found the yarn you needed to finish this up. They're all looking so great. I washed mine up last night and it's even softer. I still think it's funny that it comes up to my arm pits but only just above my husband's waist. I keep forgetting exactly how much taller than me he really is....

Oh, Irikel may be joining us at some point. She had some questions for me about mine and I think I convinced her to come here once she finishes up some graphs. :devil

Hey all....long time, no see. I had to stop working on my flannelghan back in July because I'd run out of one color of yarn and could not find any more anywhere. I've been hunting through yarn stores in three states and couldn't find it. Eventually found a lady on ebay who was selling it in lots of 12 skeins, but I didn't need that much. Two or three would have been plenty. So, I just put it away for a while, not wanting to admit that all was lost and frog it. :(

Well, on Friday, one of my friends suggested going to a discount store about 30 minutes away to look for it. I told her the color was discontinued and we weren't going to find it. :no She said, "Well, let's go anyway. It's the only place we haven't looked."

So, we drove 30 minutes to get to this store, and we go looking for the yarn. Sure enough, right there on the shelf were exactly THREE skeins of that wonderful dark plum yarn. :cheer Of course, I grabbed it and petted it and cooed over it like it was expensive jewelry or something. And I floated all the way home. :manyheart

I should finish my last panel today, and join the strips tonight. Tomorrow's goal is the border. Maybe I'll make it for Photo Friday!

Hope everyone is having a lovely day!

Mindy

I love it when a plan comes together!!!! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

:laugh

I'm surprised Scout or, more likely Sam hasn't demanded their own yet either. They each have a blankie I made for them a while back... Maybe I'll just have to take some 'scrap' and make some for the kids...

Why did you have to suggest that Darski?? :hug Oh well, they'll go faster than the others. I think I'll add one for my niece's bears for Christmas as well. (She wants more winter clothes for 'little baby')

That's funny...and a good idea!! :D I've decided to give my niece the purple one I did already for Christmas. I have lots of leftover yarn, so I will make a matching one for her babies. :) (She'll be 3 in April, she's VERY into dolls right now!)

My yarn should be here today..woohoo!! :)

Well, all the strips are sewn together.... I've got to learn how to attach them some other way. I've discovered that I really despise whipstitching.... Anyway, all I have left is the border, which I plan to do during my lunch break. Everyone who's seen it is in love, and several have asked for the pattern. Hopefully, we'll get a few new people on the thread. :-)

I've already got plans for at least two more, possibly seven or eight. Heaven help me..... It's just that they're so pretty and warm and QUICK. I think I could do a few more before Christmas (but I'll make sure I have all the yarn this time!).

I should be posting pictures tonight or tomorrow.

Mindy

:yay Ooohh... Can't wait for pictures! I agree, whip stitching is a bugger and a half. I didn't seem to mind it so bad this time, but it was shorter, only 5 squares instead of 7. I joined my first with slip stitches and it worked out fine. It does have a 'right' and 'wrong' side then, but it's not that bad...

That is soooooooo awesome!!!

Does anybody wanna check out my newest free charity pattern?!?!?

Please! I'm really excited about it!

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61253

I love this pattern. what an amazing shawl pattern.

Is it ok if I share this with some of my technopeasant friends when I receive my copy?

Rose - that is sooo nice!! My mother was a breast cancer survivor, I'm sure she would have loved this. :-)

Mindy - I've got your 7 or 8 beat...for next year's Christmas gifts...I'm looking at around 20 all told!!!! :)

MY YARN CAME TODAY!!! I love the Bernat Super Value, it sure looks nice! I haven't worked with it yet, but that's OK. The brown earth boucle will make a lovely sweater.

Soooo....I'm going to finish the baby hearts =ghan this weekend and then I will start on my next 2 flannel-ghans for gifts for this year. 1 for a cousin (medium navy & black) and 1 for a friend (deep sea green and silver). I will post pictures once I'm started!! :)

I got my yarn I got my yarn I got my yarn I got my yarn I got my yarn I got my yarn I got my yarn

pssst.....did you know I got my yarn?? :D

Say morrigan, I heard a rumour that you got some yarn but I told that "little bird" she was crazy

:rofl :rofl :rofl

And thank you Rose for sending me the pattern. Tomorrow I will see what I can manage with it. it really is lovely.

Archived