Lumberjack Flannelghan CAL / finished ghans in Post 1

RoseRed

Stepdad's flannelghan is finished! well...other than weaving in a few more tails. but its stitched together and bordered! I'll have to see if I can get a real good picture of it with the digital rather than using my cell phone, then I'll post the finished picture.

Started on the one for Mom. she's getting the big flower design. She saw the drawing of it and kept "hinting" that she really really really likes it.

Also drew up a design for my dad in law. His is going to be our last initial in Orange and Orange/white squares with black background. Still using the basic flannelghan idea though for crocheting it and putting it together. The Orange, White, and Black are Harley colors and he's a bigtime biker.

Someday I'll get to finish MINE...:crocheting

WTG on finishing - can't wait for the pic!!!:clap:clap

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe that was YOUR idea- and a great one at that!!! I've never for one minute regretted going back (although sometimes I wondered about my sanity) I graduated in 2008 at the young age of 53!!!

I haven't been able to work on mine due to this thing called work!!

Rose- I have been taking some time every night for "ME"- I've been doing simple dishcloths- very relaxing-. This weekend, the plan is to finish the flannel'ghan!!!:clap

Yeah, it was my brilliant idea. It makes my head hurt. :lol

Stepdad's flannelghan is finished! well...other than weaving in a few more tails. but its stitched together and bordered! I'll have to see if I can get a real good picture of it with the digital rather than using my cell phone, then I'll post the finished picture.

Started on the one for Mom. she's getting the big flower design. She saw the drawing of it and kept "hinting" that she really really really likes it.

Also drew up a design for my dad in law. His is going to be our last initial in Orange and Orange/white squares with black background. Still using the basic flannelghan idea though for crocheting it and putting it together. The Orange, White, and Black are Harley colors and he's a bigtime biker.

Someday I'll get to finish MINE...:crocheting

WOO HOO! I can't wait to see the finished one!

I got to work on mine last night. The 2nd row is done. Now to start on the 3rd sometime today after more homework (composition this time, won't take long) and do some sewing. I have a bag I have to get done!

:turtle:vheart

tutlelover - I'm taking 2 classes right now and it's making my head hurt too. I feel your pain.

imanurse -So glad you're taking me time with such a busy schedule.

Shell- you'll get there eventually.

tutlelover - I'm taking 2 classes right now and it's making my head hurt too. I feel your pain.

What classes? I have algebra and composition. Next semester will be biology (and lab) and something else. Either ethics or psychology.

Alright, lets see if I can get these pictures to load up from the SD card to the computer to post them...

ok looks like it worked! Here are pictures of the Black, Gray, and Red All Over flannelghan that I made for my stepdad. Can't wait to give it to him!

post-44633-135897623746_thumb.jpg

post-44633-13589762375_thumb.jpg

Wow, that is just really cool looking.

I've been lurking here for a while...i so want to make one of these, but too many things on the hook right now. I really like the way they look finished.

Shell!!! That flannel'ghan is awesome!!!! I absolutely love it!!!!

I have 5 more blocks to do on mine- but ran out of the Vanna's silver blue (oh, well,:() The plan was to use all stash, but I need one more skein- Luckily ACMoore has Vannas on sale this week 1.99- so I'll stop on my way home tomorrow.

Alright, lets see if I can get these pictures to load up from the SD card to the computer to post them...

ok looks like it worked! Here are pictures of the Black, Gray, and Red All Over flannelghan that I made for my stepdad. Can't wait to give it to him!

OmGoodness.............. that is absolutely outstanding! WOW! You did an awesome job hon!!!!

:heart

:mug

:manyheart - 'nuff said.

Okay, can't resist any longer and have been wanting to do one of these anyway. I just :heart the looks of them and think they would be nice and warm on the bed in the winter.

Actually, have decided everyone is getting one for Christmas this year. The one I've started is soft navy and lime and not sure what accent color I'll use yet, maybe a soft light lavendar. Will be working on it during super bowl tomorrow. Am on first strip, 3rd block.

Just :manyheart this pattern, all that have been done before me, and the new variations shell lee has come up with!

Okay, can't resist any longer and have been wanting to do one of these anyway. I just :heart the looks of them and think they would be nice and warm on the bed in the winter.

Actually, have decided everyone is getting one for Christmas this year. The one I've started is soft navy and lime and not sure what accent color I'll use yet, maybe a soft light lavendar. Will be working on it during super bowl tomorrow. Am on first strip, 3rd block.

Just :manyheart this pattern, all that have been done before me, and the new variations shell lee has come up with!

Oh, you are going to become addicted to them!!! :hook Have fun!!!!DH uses his all the time and I'm just about to start the border on mine!!

I'm on my last strip for mine! :)

YEA!! Toni's here!!! :hug

I have only been able to find the Boyle size N hook. I want to do a flannelghan using half double crochet. I'm going to make each colored square 12 x 12. I was wondering if the hdc with a Boyle size N hook would turn out to be a really stiff afghan? I'll be using Red Heart Super Saver yarn.

Teri

You might have to online or mail order the Bates N hook from Joann's. I don't suggest the Red Heart Brites hooks - they snag the yarn something terrible.

The Boye N hook is a full mm smaller than the Bates. It'll definitely be a stiffer blanket - but I don't think it'll make it REALLY stiff. A Bates M hook is a 9mm and some people prefer it to the 10mm when working with 2 strands.

If you were going to use Caron Pounders - I'd say you really needed the 10mm. Red Heart is slightly (noticeably) thinner than Caron so you should be ok with it.

I got Clover Reflections hooks in the larger sizes (K, L, N). And love them! Very similar to the Clover soft touch. I'd had a hard time using the larger hooks before without my hand cramping something terrible. I had to order them from Amazon.

I have all my strips done, just need to weave in the ends, sew together and edge, but I got distracted by another blanket. :lol

I have used both the Bates N hook (10.00mm) and the Lion brand N hook (9.00) and all flannel'ghans came out fine- the ones I made with the 9.00 are a little stiffer, but still very cozy- I used HDC in all three- the stitches are larger with the Bates hook, but I found the Lion Brand hook much easier on my hands with the two strands.

Sue-Can't wait to see yours when it is finished!!!!

Archived