Sunday-Go-To-Meeting Ensemble

darski

I think   this was one of my first patterns and I was still learning about the camera and such... :blush

I was trying to find a pattern that would work so I made this rather plain but you can do all kinds of decorative stitches and such just for fun

Sunday Go To Meeting Dress and accessories :pinterest

post-4896-0-91477700-1364348329_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-57262600-1364348330_thumb.jpg

DRESS…

This technique works for me and I have been happy enough with the results but I think I may play with the numbers. The generous front stitches work well for this shape in a doll. See what works for you.
Work Buttonholes in the back in any way that works for you – I made 4

With a finer WW yarn and 5mm hook (use what works for you) Chain 45

Row 1:Sc in 6ch, ch 4, sk 10 chain and sc in next 12 ch, ch 4, sk 10 chain and sc in next 6 ch.

Row 2-4: hdc across

Row 5- 7:hdc across rows increasing every 3 sts in the back only. Join to first st and begin working in the round. after row 7
Rows 8 – 13:hdc around.
Scallop row
* Sc in next sc, hdc in next sc, 2 dc in each of next 2 sc, dc in next sc, hdc in next sc, sc in next sc, sl st in next sc * around finagling as needed to form scallops , join with a sl st in beg sc. Break off.

Finish Bodice
Attach blue to back bodice edge and work 2 rows of sc around neck edge making decreases in each corner space. Break off blue Note: I used Long SC for every other stitch across the front on the second row.

Join white at back edge and work 2 rows of sc around neck edge continuing to decrease as needed. Break off.

Sleeves
Join White to bottom of armhole and work 1sc into each row around armhole making decreases at corners as needed.
Work 3 rows of (hdc, 2hdc) around. I switch to sc at underarm
Work 1 row of hdc across
Work 2 rows of hdc decreasing across. Do what it takes to get a nice puffed sleeve and an arm opening that fits. :lol

PURSE…

post-4896-0-40472700-1364348331.jpgpost-4896-0-57829400-1364348332_thumb.jpg

Small amounts of Med blue, Light blue and White and 5.mm/H hook
With Med. Blue …Chain 9
Work 1 sc in each chain working around both sides of chain.
Work two more rows of sc in Med Blue. Break off
Join Light Blue (matches dress/hat) work 3 rows of sc and break off.
Join White in an end stitch and work 1 row of sc. Join to 1st st.

Flap:
Work 9 Bpsc, ch 1 and turn
Sc in each sc across. ch 1 and turn
Work 9 Bpsc, ch 1 and turn
Sc 2 tog, sc in 5 sc, sc 2tog
Sc in 2 sc, 4 (5) dc shell in centre sc, sc in 2 sc break off.

Strap:Join one colour in an end stitch, chain as long as you wish your handle to be and join to the other side. Break off

BONNET…

post-4896-0-97783800-1364348331.jpg
Chain 2.

Rnd 1: (right side): Work 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook, join with a sl st in beg ch-1, Ch 1, do not turn.

Rnd 2: Work 2 sc in each sc around, join. Ch 1, do not turn.

Rnd 3: * Sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join. Ch 1, do not turn.

Rnd 4: * Sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join. Ch 1, do not turn.

Rnd 5: * Sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join . Ch 1, do not turn.

Rnd 6: * Sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join. Ch 1, do not turn.

Rnd 7: Sc in next 5 sc, 2 sc in next sc around, join, Ch 1, do not turn.

Rnds 8 - 12: sc in each sc around, join, Ch 1, do not turn.

Rnd 13: Ch 4, *sk 1 sc, dc in next sc, ch1* around. join, Ch 1, do not turn.

Rnd 14: sc in every dc and sp around. join, Ch 1, do not turn.
Form brim

Rnd 15: Working in front loop only * sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep form * around, join. Ch 1, do not turn.

Rnd 16 -18: Sc in each sc increasing if necessary to keep brim flat. join, Ch 1, do not turn.

Rnd 19: * Sc in next sc, hdc in next sc, 2 dc in each of next 2 sc, dc in next sc, hdc in next sc, sc in next sc, sl st in next sc * around finagling as needed to form scallops , join with a sl st in beg sc. Break off. Work in ends.

Create twisted cord to tie through dc-ch 1 mesh row or use ribbon if you prefer. This would be a great place to add some flowers and such as well.

Copyright Darlene Cutler - 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

The doll clothes that you make are amazing!

I don't have any girls (boo-hoo) as I only have a 5 year old son (who I am grateful for!). But I do have a 1 year old niece that I can make them for. I am sure that she will be into dolls soon enough!

Thanks so much for the patterns! I truly appreciate them!

That's it. Road trip to Canada just to give you a hug!

I've got a few wips to finish up, and a square or two to make for Bindi to get out this week, and then I'm soooo going Dora crazy.

I'll have to modify the patterns a bit, as my Ellie can't do buttons and such, but that should be no biggie. You've done the hard work!

Dora looks lovely! How big is Dora? I am wondering if this would work for DDs American Girl dolls - they are 18 inches tall.

She is 15 inches tall but there is very little similarity between her body shape and the American Girl dolls. I don't believe these patterns would translate

You can take the suggestions and methods of making that I have used and adapt them to the AG dolls. I wish I could find an AG because I would love to make clothing for them but I have never seen one here.

Thank you so much!

She is 15 inches tall but there is very little similarity between her body shape and the American Girl dolls. I don't believe these patterns would translate

Yup she has a very odd shape. LOL

I wish I could find an AG because I would love to make clothing for them but I have never seen one here.

There are similar dolls out there. Target has one called Our Generation. It's really close in size and even looks but a lot less expensive.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-5/qid=1169567891/ref=sr_1_5/601-1872736-4067342?ie=UTF8&asin=B000H3AX4I

:)

Unfortunately, I don't believe that Target is in Canada and I don't go " 'cross the river" anymore.

I will keep an eye out for that style of doll. As I said, I could have some fun with them.

That is the best dressed doll in town. Thanks so much for sharing!

ooh Jessi has this doll!! she is going to love a new outfit for her when I get around to making this, thanks so much for sharing! not like Dora needs new clothes as mum has bought almost all of those available for this doll from the shops. I just love the making lol. awesome job!!

You can take the suggestions and methods of making that I have used and adapt them to the AG dolls. I wish I could find an AG because I would love to make clothing for them but I have never seen one here.

Thanks! I will use the idea as a guide to make things for the dolls. Do you have Toys R Us in Canada? I know they sell AG items, but I am not sure about the dolls.

We do have T-R-us or at least we did, haven't been there for years.

I just can't get there With the public transportation in this region, I would have to leave here at 7:00 or 8:00am and get home around 2 in the afternoon - but that is only between September and April... don't ask! :loco

I will be keeping an eye out though.

• 3 weeks later...

Darski , you are amazing... Now I might just have to buy a Dora doll so I can make the clothes!!!!

I totally agree with you Lea, those of us with boys just have to get ourselves a Dora doll!

• Donna changed the title to Sunday-Go-To-Meeting Ensemble

Archived