A Dress for February

darski

I realized that this is the place for original patterns...eventually my little pea brain kicks in :wlol

This is the dress and the pattern:

post-4896-0-04329500-1364347808_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-65157400-1364347808.jpg

A Dress For February :pinterest

Small amounts of WW yarn
5.5mm hook, buttons, tapestry needle

Again, pattern writing is not my strong suit.
Work buttonholes in back in any way that works for you.

With RED chain 45
Row 1: sc in 6 ch, ch4, sk 10 chain, sc in 12 ch, ch4, sk 10 ch, sc in 6 ch. Ch2, turn (ch 2 counts as 1st dc can be ch 3 if you want)

Row 2: dc across, ch1 turn

Row 3: (always sc in first st)sc in 2, sc 2tog, 6sc, sc 2tog, 7sc, sc 2tog, sc 6, sc 2tog, sc 2. chain 2, turn. You may want to mark the decreases so you can find them on row 4.

Row 4: dc across working 2 dc into every 2sc dec. from the previous row

Row 5: sc across

Row 6: dc across

Row 7: sc across

Row 8: 2dc *3dc in next sc, dc in next 4 sc* across.

Row 9: Dc across working 3 dc in centre dc of 3dc groups of the previous row. Break off red

Row 10: join in pink at other end – not the end with finished red tail.
This will get your last rows right side up as you are going to join at the end of this row and will be working in the round after this.
Work as for row 9 but working in back loops only for this row.

Row 11: work as Row 9. break off pink.

Row 12 and 13: work as Row 9 working row 12 in back loop only.

Alternate Rows 12 and 13:(as pictured)
Row 12: with white, dc in each dc but work (2dc, ch1, 2dc) in centre dc of 3dc groups

Row 13: dc in each dc but work (dc, ch 3 picot, dc) in each ch 1 space. Break off

Join Red to WS of top back edge. Work sc around edge and chains making double decreases in the corners. Ch1, turn

Work hdc across back and strap (decrease in corner) but stop 1 sc before front edge. Work dc through the missed sc and into the sc in the front edge… (there is an alternate universe where that makes sense)
Work 4 dc into next sc, sk 2sc and sc into next 2 sc, sk 2 sc, work 4 dc into next sc, sl st to strap, continue working hdc around strap and back (dec in corner). Break off

Sew on buttons and weave in ends.

The shoes are here with the pattern(s):

post-4896-0-06945800-1364347809.jpg

this shows another shoe... post-4896-0-27721200-1364347905.jpg

Making Doll Shoes

Small amounts of Black WW yarn and any other colours you want.
4.5mm or 5mm hook

With Black (or sole colour)
Chain 8

Round 1: 2 sc in 2nd chain from hook, sc in each ch along side, 4 sc in last ch, sc along side, 2 sc into 1st ch. Ch1 turn

Round 2: 2sc in same st as ch, 2 sc in next sc. Hdc in next 5 sc, 3 sc into next 2 sc (each) hdc in next 5 sc, 3sc, 2 sc in last sc. Join and break off if you want to change colour for uppers.

To make black shoe style:

Uppers
Row 1: Work hdc in each st of sole making (at least) 1 dec in heel area. Join and ch 1.

Row 2: sc in (about) 7hdc, (hdc dc, hdc) 4 times, sc in each sc. Break off.

To make coloured shoe style or to make strapped shoes:

In this pattern, you will be working a FPDC into the sole stitches so that it stands vertically. I have been thinking of it as Punch Needle crochet just to be clear about how it should look.

Row 1: Beginning at the heel of the sole, with colour work FPhdc around staying just inside the edge. Work 1 dec in the heel area.

Row 2: work 6 sc (or hdc) make 3ch picot, Work to decreases as needed. When opposite, 3ch picot, ch4, slst into picot, ch3, slst in 1st ch, sc (or hdc)to end. oops, fixed that typo

When I made my white shoes, the yarn was much finer than the black and I needed two rows of hdc to get the height I wanted.

Copyright Darlene Cutler - 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Edited by darski

Get job Darski!!!!! Wish I had something besides testosterone around here to make it for!!

You and me both, I think I've made so much stuff for the 2 little girls in our family, they look the other way when I mention somthing new! :D

Darski, I love you. Seriously. I'm going to have to adopt you as a member of my family. These Dora clothes are EXACTLY what I've been looking for for ages.

Thank you so much for saving me the headache of having to figure out how to make them.

You are a goddess.

• Donna changed the title to A Dress for February