1st Attempt at Tunisian - Scarf

KnicKnac

This is my first of two scarves for the Red Scarf Project ... the other is in the middle of being blocked as I type. First try at Tunisian Crochet, and if I do say so myself, not too shabby. Just sort of made up the pattern as I went along because I was learning the tunisian stitches. I did a SC all the way around with a crab stitch as the final round and added fringe. It curls a bit, but they say that is kinda normal with tunisian, gotta work on fixing that on future projects!

I used Caron SS in Rubine Red and a size "L" Tunisian Hook.

redscarfproject-01.jpg

Looks like you did a great job picking up on the tunisian crochet. Your scarf is great! I know it's for the red scarf project, yet the colors do still offend a bit. I'm a clemson fan, ya know!:tryme:lol Just joking, it's great!:clap

• 9 months later...

Love your scarf! Next time try to alternate tunisian plain stitch and tunisian purl stitch in the first row of your pattern and I can guarantee that the work will not curl:) You could also do the entire first row using the tunisian purl stitch . Also remember to work the same just before you bind off so that the symmetry is maintained.

This is my first of two scarves for the Red Scarf Project ... the other is in the middle of being blocked as I type. First try at Tunisian Crochet, and if I do say so myself, not too shabby. Just sort of made up the pattern as I went along because I was learning the tunisian stitches. I did a SC all the way around with a crab stitch as the final round and added fringe. It curls a bit, but they say that is kinda normal with tunisian, gotta work on fixing that on future projects!

I used Caron SS in Rubine Red and a size "L" Tunisian Hook.

The 1st attempt is was with red

at tunisian crochet without pattern read

By her own words she did good,

but we all knew that she would,

Doing singles all around

then crab stitches which abound...

Fringe was then added to give it flair

To blow in the wind without a care.

Thank you for sharing your red scarf today

It is a wonderful scarf, if I may say... :yes

Archived