Black Spider Shawl

Svetlana

Svetlana

I just visited your blog and cannot BELIEVE all the beautiful things you have made . WOW, now THAT is talent . Those knitted items are works of art .

May I ask how long you have been knitting and who taught you ? I can't remember ever seeing as many stunning projects coming from one person in my life !

I wish you lived closer -- I'd ask you for some pointers about knitting .

I still can't knit a dishcloth properly ! :lol

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julie, WOW, thanks! You can always ask me questions and I'll try to help you if I can. BTW, I've never done a dishcloth. What's the purpose of them? To wash dishes? How about a good old spunge?:lol

Every time people say such flattering things about my work, I feel embarrased. :blush Even though I consider myself a pretty capable knitter/crocheter and the quality of my FOs is somewhat consistent, there is still so much stuff that I don't know how to do. For example, I've never done a set-in sleeve, knit or crochet. Isn't that embarrasing? Well, it is, for someone who's been knitting for as long as I have. :blush

I've first learned how to knit when I was 12-13 years old. It was in old Soviet Union, I didn't have any patterns or good yarn, but I was still able to make something new to wear. My sister knew how to sew and between the two of us we were the envy of our school. Then there was college, marrige, carrier and the hobby was long forgotten. Untill I was pregnant with my son and wanted to make something for him. My son is now 2, and that's how long it's been since I started knitting again. And this spring it's going to be 1 year since I've learned how to crochet.:hook

So, this is my story. You've seen my blog and my album and I hope I've inspired somebody to learn, to explore, to trust yourself that's it's all possible and YOU CAN DO IT !

Thank you ALL!:hug

Wow, Svetlana

You do marvelous work ,that is for sure ,and must be a very fast learner to only have crocheted for a year and be making such beautiful crocheted items too .

I met a lady here in our town a couple years ago from Sweden ? I think she said. She said all the kids over there are taught knitting and crochet at an early age. I believe she said they actually taught it in school class .

Maybe other countries are better at keeping these arts alive if they teach it to kids while small .

I didn't know anyone who knew how to crochet or knit when I first learned so I had to learn from a book. I think I am a fairly capable crocheter , but knitting seems to be a little harder for me to catch onto .

I did recently find a really simple afghan pattern and so far it seems to be ok . It is just the basic knit and purl -

I don't know if I'll ever see the day I can do anything much fancier than that .

You are certainly an inspiration ~ :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived