Black Spider Shawl

Svetlana

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is soooo beautiful!! I am on a shawl kick right now....cannot quit making them....but I do not know that I could turn out anything as beautiful as this!!

Here is a picture of me wearing the shawl last night to my knitting group meeting. And yes, I made the skirt too.

Wow! Stunning! The shawl, the skirt, you...all gorgeous.

Oh, to be tall, thin, and young!

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you all so much for the comments!

I think I've included all the info regarding the shawl - the yarn, the amount and the hook on the very first page. If I'm something, please let me know.

Catheryn, 15 pineapple shawls completed?! WOW! :hook

Artemis, you made me blush. :blush

• 2 weeks later...
This is one of the most stunning shawls I have ever seen. I have a passion for shawls and I have about 6 myself that I have done but nothing like this. Beautiful!

Zelma, it is twice as nice to get a compliment from a shawl lover! Thank you! :hug

Maggie Righetti in her Crocheting in Plain English has directions and a chart (the chart has a small error but isn't too hard to correct) for this stitch pattern in case some of you own that. Svetlana has added a couple of rows for edging and some killer fringe. This is absolutely the prettiest version of Spider web I've seen and now I'm NOT going to show you mine which has been at the bottom of an ignominous heap, unused for a while because I dislike it. Svetlana, you rock, girl! It's gorgeous!

Carla, thanks! :hug

Don't be discouraged with your spider web, please! This is why we do show and tell - to see other people's work and get some inspiration, right? I know I get inspired by all of you here, your work, your blogs and photo albums. That's how I know there is so much more to learn, so many different yarns to try and oh so many patterns to work on. :hook

Archived