Hello from Florida

LaxMom13

We will have to get together. I went to your blog...wow you are a busy person.

I noted that you had glass art as an interest. what kind of glass art do you do? My dh and I are etching glasses for my sons lacrosse fundraiser.

We will have to get together. I went to your blog...wow you are a busy person.

I noted that you had glass art as an interest. what kind of glass art do you do? My dh and I are etching glasses for my sons lacrosse fundraiser.

I fuse glass into jewelry using a kiln, I also do glass mosaic and stained glass art. I have ADCD - that's Attention Deficit Craft Disease. :rofl

Crocheting is what I do when I'm trying to relax :laughroll

I picked up crocheting again because I stopped smoking and it is the only activity that I do where I do not eat or smoke. Thought it would be safe to start again.

Boy was I wrong. I have been addicted to it again. I have a stack of patterns I want to try.

Good thing is I don't smoke!:yay

Fusing Glass sounds very interesting. I need to finish the etching first before I try anything else.:eek

Good thing is I don't smoke!:yay

Fusing Glass sounds very interesting.

Congrats on Quitting Smoking!! Crochet sounds like a great outlet and with all that money you are saving from not smoking, you can go buy yarn! :devil

Glass Fusing is Fun!! In addition to jewelry, I fuse coasters, plates, saucers, bowls, suncatchers, etc. I have a couple kilns and a workshop in the back that my hubby and son built for me. I do local Craft Fairs.

I haven't been able to do much glass work lately as my husband was unexpectly layed-off from his job so the 'ole belt got tightened if you know what I mean....glass is expensive so I crochet more now since I can use coupons at AC Moore and Michaels. I hope to get back into the glass work also....very soon. :manyheart

But for now, I am having a blast with Crochet and I too have loads of patterns I want to try. As long as I'm busy with my hands, I'm fine. I also do lots of Charity Work so that has been keeping my mind, heart and soul fullfilled through the difficult time with my husband being layed off work. :c9

I know what you are going through. My husband was laid off before we moved to Florida. It is a tough time to go through. Just keep a positive attitude and everything will work out.

Where do you get coupons for AC Moore? I go there usually on Monday and get some yarn for my stash. DH would love it if I used coupons!

I get them in the Sunday Paper and also I signed up at ACMoore.com and I get them emailed to me. You can go in everyday and use a coupon if you wish - it's one coupon per day - I've done that too - I have to drive by there everyday to get home from work. :hook You can also sign up for the Michaels Ad to be emailed to you. At Michaels you can tell them you don't have a coupon and they will give you the discount and ask you to sign a paper with your zip code.

Michaels honors AC Moore coupons and vice versa - so if you don't find what you need at one place - just go to the other place :yay

• 2 years later...

Archived