STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK Krystal and Nght??? I stock my entire LYS with the amount of yarn the two of you have together. You are scary!

However, I see several gorgeous afghans in your pile Krystal! OoOo and maybe a couple of baby dresses....

Still no more points for me today. I think I come to this thread to keep up on the ongoing yarn saga....

I mean you guys have REAAAAALLLYYY lost the essence of this CAL!!! You totally make me laugh!! :lol

:D

Yeah they had TLC for a ridiculously low price of 69 cents a skein!!! And Sugar n Cream for something around there too!! :2spin And I REFRAINED!!! I am so proud of myself!!

You are a much better woman then I could ever be!!! I'm really really glad I was not around for TLC at 69c a skein. I think I would have undone all the good these charity scrapghans are doing for me!!

275 skein of yarn! i would never use all of that....but i sure would like to have it.....i probably would have ordered that much of tlc if i had gotten there in time! then i would have to ban myself from acmoore, michael and joanns forever.....

I mean you guys have REAAAAALLLYYY lost the essence of this CAL!!!

:think What do you mean??

:rofl :rofl

I'm still crocheting, just not as fast as I can buy! :lol

I emptied one of those tubs that I'd used to stash the ebay lot, so I'll be able to pick up the rest of the stash from the PO today & see the rest of the damage. Of course the hooks that I ordered also weren't in the boxes yesterday.. must be in the 1 box left from amazon. Ahh well.. we'll find out around lunch time. :)

No time to crochet this week. Only used up one ball for a hat.

One little point this week. I'll do better next week.

:manyheart

Well I am actually gaining some points finally.... I don't know for how long though; since I just got a wedding invitation and will have to be buying some new yarn to make the gifts... :sigh I have 7 points this week.

Tina

Ok, I got moved to Texas, have been unpacking, and haven't crocheted in a month :eek , Can't take it anymore, I joined a CAL and will start tonight so here goes with the stash busting. Lets see how well I can do, wish me luck.

I went & picked up my last amazon box plus the other 3 that've been sitting there :lol There's still another amazon box out there somewhere becuz I'm still short 42 skeins & 3 hooks :think

Ok so, the math... :eek

from amazon today - 55 skeins

from the other 3 ebay boxes - 349 full skeins & 80 partials, plus 5 skeins of Tapestry wool... I didn't include them in the count tho becuz they're only about 3 yards or so. THEN, we threw out 4 skeins & 4 partials :eek (but they were REALLY nasty)... Ash took 84 full skeins & 5 partials.

SO... totals are -888 +185 = -703

Right? Right!

Here's links to some pix too, since my pix never work...

New amazon lot

Amazon 4

Yarn from ebay I'll keep

Keep Lot

Yarn boxed for moving out :lol

Out Lot

And Ash's Stash

Ash Stash

Ash Stash 2

I know there all boxed/binned up, but I forgot to take the pix when it was all over & just didn't wanna pick it up again, hope ya understand! :D

Well I didn't do quite as bad as Nght, I ordered my yarn on April 2nd and I got it today 35 Skeins for -70! Just in time for mY Birthday! Happy Birthday to me!!! I also went to the Second hand shop here in town and I got a bunch of Thread! 48 spools -96 for an additional -166 points! -270 for the week so far!

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h144/PamelaLindsey/P4060069.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h144/PamelaLindsey/P4060067.jpg

I got some yarn gifted to me today and it's wonderful stuff that I haven't had the opportunity to use yet so I'm excited but it set me back -166 points but I finished 1/2 a skein today for +1 lol. I tried to get in on the Amazon yarn but they were all gone by the time I put them in my basket but I guess I really didn't need it anyway lol.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

6 skeins of red and 5 of white for dad's ghan. -22 for today. hopefully i'll make some of it up killing off balls.

I was thinking about the senior center in town for donating. If they're not interested I'll check with the churches. Thanks for the tip.

Oh my Nght - you are certainly going in the wrong direction, but oh what a way to go!!!

Yeah, I know! :laughroll

Well I didn't do quite as bad as Nght

Gee, I thot I did pretty good! :devil

:rofl

Man, Nght, I wish I had the room for stash like that. I'm having to bust out tons of scrapghan to take control of my room again. Although, good news is I just pulled out the last of the yarn that I can give to scrapghans. So, I'll be done posting the really awesome numbers quite soon.

Let's see. Last night, I did 15 balls and 2 skeins. I tossed 4 balls when going through my stash this afternoon for work and donated another ball to a charity (they were requesting very specific types of yarn). So, I added the stuff from last night already and just need to add the balls from this afternoon.

furball, to make a line through the work, highlight the word and then press the button that looks like a pencil. If you're not in advanced, then you put the [ STRIKE ] (without the spaces) before what you want to cross out, then [/ STRIKE ] (without the spaces) after the word.

I had to buy a skein of painted desert for a prairie star I'm making for a friend... -2

Archived