STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to the winners.

busted a partial this weekend making doll clothes. +1

Turned a full into a partial +1

In the process of turning more fulls into partials.

Purchased a skein. -2.

So all in all a completely pointless day.

biz

Whoo Hoo I finally got a medal.:clap even if it is the shoot the moon award :D

Well I got 2 more points for getting rid of another skein finishing up my bathroom rug.

Just used a whole skein on the beginning of a tank top I'm making for myself (+2) :clap:cheer Going to make something else for my American Girl doll and then use up a couple little tiny balls in my scrapghan, so I should get a few more points before bedtime tonight......Off to update my siggy

Since Saturday night I've been very busy with busting my yarn balls.

So far I have gained 24 points. I still can't believe it :eek. I'll go change

my score now. Maybe tomorrow I'll have a picture of my new

poject. The 3 strand afghan.:cheer

I finished 4 more balls of yarn last night....made a bolero for my American Girl doll and then added a couple more rows to my scrapghan so +4 for me :clap SO far, so good this week...

My DOG (:angry anger can't be measured right now:angry ) help with my stash busting... Dear Hattrick had a Case of IBS :eek and made a clothes basket worth of yarn un usable bad for him he is really in the dog house right now good for me in a way I had to throw away 40 skeins of yarn Ewwwww but +80 for me and by the end of the week I will have even more to add .:hook

My DOG (:angry anger can't be measured right now:angry ) help with my stash busting... Dear Hattrick had a Case of IBS :eek and made a clothes basket worth of yarn un usable bad for him he is really in the dog house right now good for me in a way I had to throw away 40 skeins of yarn Ewwwww but +80 for me and by the end of the week I will have even more to add .:hook

EEEWWWWWW/..... but at least you will probably medal this week:devil

I've been working on finishing up the Baroque jacket from SnB (a WIP that's been sitting for months), and so far this week, I've used 2 complete balls/skeins of yarn. I'm making it in a wonderful yarn called Endless Summer Luna (a product made for Elann.com): it's a cotton/viscose blend, and is wonderfully soft and shiny (although tricky to work with).

I just have to finish the sweater edging, weave in the ends and block, so I should finish it tonight.

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek that is awful....maybe he was jealous:think

I whipped up two little scarves for Chloe's "dress-up" chest today using two skeins of yarn so that gives me +4 points. This is good because I ordered some thread yesterday and when that comes it will be -6 for me. I am waiting until it gets here before adding (or subtracting, I mean) my score. This way maybe I can get ahead enough that it won't matter. ;)

Oh Dear, cookhockeymom! 40 skeins of yarn as a dog bed! I would be a bit mad :angry as well. But, I guess like stargazingirly said, at least you'll probably medal this week.

Not sure if I put up my wtd yet, but it looks like I've done 4 skeins and 16 balls in stash busting and summer scarf making!! Hopefully I'll get some more stashbusting done this weekend!!

Coolhockeymom -- Sorry to hear about your dog and yarn.....is the dog feeling better?

I used up another skein on my tank top I'm making (+2):clap . I'm almost done with it, should be able to use at least another 1/2 skein finishing it up. Off to update my siggy.....

Oh my! 40 skiens???? LOST???? That is YARN ABUSE!!!

Ok...here to report, I am wrapping up a package going to my SP - I am gifting her brand spanking new, never seen the light of day, skiens of yarn that have been BEGGING to be used but not by my inept hands - she is a master crocheter so I bet she will make some BEAUTIFUL things with this yarn!

So add to my points - 6 skiens, or +12

WOO HOO

Wll, I am sad to announce that after almost two months of stashbusting, I finally bought some yarn. I couldn't hold it off any longer. I needed a skein to finish off some squares for a swap and then I bought a skein of black to start another Cathedral Window Scrapghan. I used tan on the last afghan for the border color and I think it would look much better in black. So, that is negative 4 points for me giving me a total this week of +2. I will earn back those points today though...just you wait and see! :yes

Archived