STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ended up getting a bit of dent in my purchase this week, used up two balls. So it's just a -8 for me this week, off to update my score

REgarding posting the total on the 14th of April.......

How about one additional week for those of us who have not filed our taxes???

Oops I did it again, well Actually it was my Mom! We went to Dollar Tree today and she practically bought ALL of their Fun Fur Stripes for me 44 Skeins AND We went to Joann's and they had some Clearance Yarn so I got another 8 skeins Which = -104!!! I sure Hope I can crochet a LOT on my 3SUB (I don't think I have enough Scrap Balls Left though)!!!

it is like 80 cents....here are one of the link....http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Clouds-Yarn-Green/dp/B0009PRWJI/ref=sr_1_367/102-3163529-4176167?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1175469295&sr=1-367

there is another that i posted in the thread that starts out with tlc....will see if i can find it......

if you are interested you need to hurry there have been others but they caught on and changed the cost

here is the other link for baby clouds...http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Clouds-Yarn-Green/dp/B0009PRWJI/ref=sr_1_367/102-3163529-4176167?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1175469295&sr=1-367.90 cents

Boy oh boy its hard to resist buying that yarn on amazon.... :blush BUT I already have two craft cupboards full and I promised my fiance I wouldn't expand any more:(

oh well.... its all the more motivation to bust some stash... I'm back to working on my stain glass afghan tonight... so far only through 1 ball... but thats one point! hopefully with two weeks to go I can actually make some progress on my stash! :hook

Oh my. I forgot to post my score last night. I know I am too late but my score for last week was 51. I am off to change my score now for the new week. I finished up a ball of size 80 thread which should give me 80 points but according to the rules of this game only gives me 2. So, I begin the week with 2 points. Wooo Hooo!

Well I'm starting off real good too :lol I started with rolling 6 balls out of a sweater last night for -6 points then used up a skein of rug yarn for +2 Now today I went and picked up some more yarn from a lady off of Freecycle for 28 skeins, 6 balls and 1 ball of thread for -58 points then went to the thrift store and got 9 more skeins for -18 more points for a grand total of -86 starting out my week and Friday I'm getting gifted a bunch more :hook I really better get hooking.

Here's the pics of my haul today.

thrift store purchase.

th_crochet085.jpg

Freecycle gift

th_crochet084.jpg

I think for any Fiber Fiend, we'll always been attempting to stashbust!! My stash is starting to take over my room and if I didn't love yarn so much, I may gave nightmares!

Still working on the scrapghan, which is making me really seem productive! I used 16 balls and 1 skein for it on Saturday night and Sunday.

Hi! Just popping in from the land of no landline and internet way in the sticks of my homeland...actually, I just got back to the city and am slowly catching up.

Busted 2 balls for my Easter Skirt and gave 16 skeins of thread to my great-aunt (and she gave me a matching crocheted bag & cap in return) and she also got my red pineapple blouse that I don't think I have a picture of :cry

So +36 for this week :yay

What????? :2eek I got a medal this week??? :jumpyay I can't believe that. Well, I WAS trying for one...but I didn't think I would get one. Yay!!! Thank you. Thank you. :bow What would I do without crochetville!!! (probably clean my house and cook dinner for my husband. ;) )

Archived