STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Well, I'd earned one whole whopping point the other night using up part of a large Caron one pounder. But tomorrow my friend and I are going up to Phx and we're going to the Fiber Factory. :yay Guess who will probably increase her negative YTD score? :blush:devil But I will not count any lavender yarn I buy for my mom, who requested it. It's not for my stash, but hers, so it doesn't count. Ya hear me, it doesn't count! :lol

Too bad we can't count skeins we've frogged over and over, since I've spent the past month frogging and fixing nonstop. One skein I frogged 3 times (at least!), another twice. And not just a row or two, I'm talking the whole stinking skein practically. That's about 10 points of use right there if we could count it! :P

Patty

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Know what's worse than a lber of yarn??? A lber of thread! Yup! That's what I am working on this week. I am almost done...got another day or two left on this thing. And I will only get two points for it. :sigh And the really sad thing is...I have about 5-6 of these things. Guess I will be crocheting alot of thread projects if I want to bust these out of my stash. I think I will focus on busting the yarn stash next week though. The thread is going to slow. :rolleyes

Know what's worse than a lber of yarn??? A lber of thread! Yup! That's what I am working on this week. I am almost done...got another day or two left on this thing. And I will only get two points for it. :sigh And the really sad thing is...I have about 5-6 of these things. Guess I will be crocheting alot of thread projects if I want to bust these out of my stash. I think I will focus on busting the yarn stash next week though. The thread is going to slow. :rolleyes

---------

Anna, I totally feel your pain! :yes I've been working quite a bit lately in thread, and it seems like it never gets less!

---------

Anna, I totally feel your pain! :yes I've been working quite a bit lately in thread, and it seems like it never gets less!

Isn't that the truth!!!! I have been using thread for the past week and a half straight, pretty much, and only have 3 points to show for it. What gives??? :shrug Maybe I should bust my thread stash??? :lol

Well since I can't seem to have a week in the positives I just bought more yarn lol. 5 more skeins for -10 more but I did at least do one ball so adding only -9 to my score. I'm also in the middle of trying to recycle a sweater so that will add to my score and then Sunday getting more yarn donated from freecycle so I'll just have to try for positives in a week and a half lol.

Well, I started my scrapghan finally since I didn't have any other projects (that I want to work on at least) right now. So, I pulled out the Big Box of Leftovers and went through about 5 balls while watching Lost on the dvr and CSI. I feel soooooooooo productive this week!

I finished two skeins in my MM afghan for the contest today. So that's another 4 points this week!

:manyheart

5 skeins of yarn are leaving my house. I am not crocheting them but rather gifting them. Yay! 10 more points for me!! :clap

Well, I used up the last of a ball of baby yarn making a sweater for my American Doll, so +1 for me. :clap I'm not done with the sweater yet either, so I might get another point, depending on how much more yarn I need for this thing. I don't think there is any hope of my score being in the positives this week:(

I used two more skeins today on campus after studying (I love Fridays because most of my homework is done and I have 4 hours between work and class and don't run on Fridays - it's a day off of working out for me). I feel like I'm accomplishing something this week!! I used three more balls making the scarpghan and threw out 2 that were cut into teeny tiny (what looked like latch hook length) sections. They came from a HUGE lot I got on eBay a few months ago, so no biggie.

I will post my total for the week now because i dont think i will be in the ville much today. my total is +8. finished another skein on the prayer shawl i am working on. has to be done by friday!

Going to post my score for the week, cause I will be sure to forget.

I finished off another S&C Skien - so I am at plus 1 for the week! WOOT! Still not in the negative!

Posting my official for the week!!!

Thanks to a very long (and still going on) online meeting, I was able to knock out A LOT of scrapghan.

So....weekly total is +52. I'm so proud of myself!!!!

Archived