STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp, I decided to start another scrapghan today in order to obtain a medal again this week. That is my goal anyways, and since the whole thread stashbusting didn't get me very far last week, I think it might be better to stashbust the oddballs of scraps. I also have a plan to send more yarn to the post office this week. That seems to help with the points in a hurry. ;)

So my total for tonight is 9. I have two panels of the stained glass afghan done. I am thinking I may have enough scraps to make at least two of these afghans. Hubby goes to feed the homeless on the streets of our city on Monday nights and I thought it might be nice if he had an afghan to give to someone who needs it. Great way to use up that stash. :)

I finished a skein today so that's 1 point to start my week and I will try real hard not to acquire any yarn this week so I can knock some of my points down.

I finished a baby sweater i've been working on for a week tonight.... so thats a whole +1, should be able to use up the rest of the skein on the hat and matching mits and booties! those go a lot faster than the sweater! Then I should be able to get back to my stain glass afghan that I have been neglecting!

Hubby goes to feed the homeless on the streets of our city on Monday nights and I thought it might be nice if he had an afghan to give to someone who needs it. Great way to use up that stash. :)

I love this idea.....I would love to be involved in something like that.

I finished my Sweet Pea Shawl yesterday and used up my last skein that I bought fror it when making the fringe...actually had to only use threes strands in each instead of four so I didn't have to buy an exxtra one and have almost an entire skein left. only +2 but it is a beginning of the week

this morning I was able to use up 4 balls making 2" squaresb

wow...I can't believe I won a medal this week. Congrats to the other winners!! I won't be doing so well this week because I had to work on Sunday and that is usually the day I get the most crocheting done....oh well. I guess there is always next week :hook

I made 6 more 8" squares into 12" squares (1 skein, 2 balls). My mom got a lap-ghan/shall(?) donated to Project Linus. It's 6" squares, 11 sq X 5 sq. Nobody knows who made it. We decided it should be 9 sq X 7 sq. We took off the border (1 ball) and 5 squares off each end. I'll have to make 8 more and sew them along the sides and reborder it (1 skein from mom). My score +1. I'll try to finish it before Sat. so I can get my points back. I'm not doing well in this game.

Ellie 13

I have been making baby clothes this week. Thankfully all of my yarn purchases were last week, so now I'm sort of busting 'baby stash'. I earned 5 pts for a baby dress and two ponchos.

Tomorrow, I should be able to add another point for finishing the last poncho. Making that out of some left over Cotton Tots. Man I love that yarn!

Otherwise, I've been really out of the loop this last week.

biz

I cannot believe how quick I made my new stashbusting scrapghan. Less than 24 hours!!!! :eek It is kind of small though. I used the Stained Glass afghan pattern and a ton of scraps. I didn't realize just how many scraps I had nor how far they would go. I used up a little over half of them and made an afghan. So, that is 29 points for me today!!! :clap Now its back to the thread for me so I probably won't be getting very many more points until later this week. Drats!

Okay, I got one more point making a baby hat out of a ball... points go pretty slow sometimes!

Bizzy- I always read about you making a lot of baby stuff, could you give me an estimate on the sleeve lengths for a 1yr sweater? either cuff to cuff or sholder to cuff would be great, even an estimate. I tried my own varation of a pattern, and the sleeves seem way too short! Thanks!

I have to update my signature, I know.

Since Saturday night, I have used (wait for it...) 6 skeins!!!! I have no intentions to purchase this week because I have no new projects in the works.

Hopefully, I'll actually be able to make it out the of red!!

I know this is way late, But I've been sick.

My score for last week was 42! :cheer

Currently only at 1 for this week. I hate being sick!:sick

I got my new yarn and afghan hook in the mail today. 3 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver, so -6 for me. Well worth it though, I'm going to teach myself the afghan stitch....hopefully.....

Finished a baby bonnet and am currently working on the sweater to match. Have almost busted the skein. Will post the points for it later.

I finished the poncho I was working on earlier. Got one point for making a started skein into a ball.

biz

Weeell I didn't buy any yarn but I got a big box full from somebody on freecycle for making charity items, She gave me 6 skeins, 1 ball of thread and 43 balls so -57 but I did use a ball up yesterday for 1 point. I'm suppose to get another big box Sunday so my ytd is shot lol.

It's really not my fault... well it's NOT! :shrug I only went to look for a double ended hook & figured since Wally World never has 'em, I would look in Joann's. :idea They didn't have any either. :badidea But they DID have Caron lbr's for $4. :applause Yeah well, everyone always needs more white, right??? :yes

Bought 4 skeins, -8. I'll use at least one of 'em up relatively soon putting the last round on & joining the MAM I started. Ya'd think I'd go & do those *on hold* projects on my WIP's list before starting another... :think

Sorry for rambling, been up since 4am, I'm goin' now :tired:out

:sleep

It's really not my fault... well it's NOT! :shrug I only went to look for a double ended hook & figured since Wally World never has 'em, I would look in Joann's. :idea They didn't have any either. :badidea But they DID have Caron lbr's for $4. :applause Yeah well, everyone always needs more white, right??? :yes

Bought 4 skeins, -8. I'll use at least one of 'em up relatively soon putting the last round on & joining the MAM I started. Ya'd think I'd go & do those *on hold* projects on my WIP's list before starting another... :think

Sorry for rambling, been up since 4am, I'm goin' now :tired:out

:sleep

Nght you are tooo funny! you crack me up! was the joanns sale not posted in the flyer? I checked and didn't see it, I'd love to get some 1 lbers if the joanns around here has them!

Archived