STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Do you need help Nght? I can help you. Admit you have a problem.

You are getting sleepy, you are getting sleepy, your asleep.

Now, your grabbing a mailing label, yes you are still asleep.

You are addressing it to KnicKnac, yet you are still asleep.

Ah yes, you feel better now don't you? Now at the snap of my fingers you will wake up, and miraculously, you are devoid of all your extra yarn.......

:rofl

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished Jess's squares and sent them out (3 balls). Made 6 8" sq. into 12 " sq. (1 skein, 3 balls). Finished my contest afghan. I used 1/4 each of 3 Pound of Love skeins and 3/4 of a 4th lb. (+/-). I'll call it 1 1/2 skeins (+3). Total for this week: +11 WAHOOO!! I'm going to take pics before I send it out. Wish me luck. I'll let you know what happens.

Ellie 13

Slow and steady from Krystal?!?!?:think If her fingers moved any faster they'd be a blur! :manyheart

I gave my hands a much needed day off. I was playing with some doily patterns with an E hook for placemats but I just couldn't really get into them.

Guess what?!? i'm testing one of Katchcan's doilies! YAY! I think I'll be finishing a 1/2 ball of thread so maybe I'll get a point this week.

I hope everyone is begininning to feel better :hug

Anyone who would like to come by & grab a handful or two... maybe three or four or even five is more than welcome! An intervention? Hmmm.. never even thought of that! :devil

There's acrylic, wool, brushed acrylic, mohair stuffs, bulky, thread, some ribbon yarn... LOTSA vintage stuffz... bring yer shoppin' list & have a field day!

:mug 's on or if you prefer :tea ... now who needs directions?? :hook

I can't post any pix right now, for fear of death :rip

But 6 of those 9 ebay boxes came today... -1214 for me. I guess telling you about the stuff I've used since last post is pretty useless right now, huh? :rofl

Well... there will a bunch of stuff leaving tho, there was a lot of wool in this & all kindsa stuff that I won't use. DD & I counted what is here... there are 460 full skeins, 294 partials & 34 of tapestry wool. The tapestry wool isn't counted in my score cuz they're like 3 yards a piece...

I'll go back to my corner now... :lurk

I don't feel soo bad for getting a -45 (thanks Nght, you can send some yarn this way if you wanna! :devil ), I'm still waiting on an eBay Shipment and a Herrschner's Shipment! Hopefully they'll come next week :)

I finished my 2-Strand Vertical Stripe Purple Afghan! Check it out on my blog! That gives me a total so far this week of 18!!!

Where in the Catskills? My in-laws are in Sullivan County - Liberty, Ny near Monticello. I'm I could visiti, leave the kids with them and make a day trip to you .... just to help a fellow hooker :lol

I s'pose that's only about 90 min's away or so, going the back way... I'm in the far corner of the county... the next town to the north is in Greene County & the next town to the west is in Delaware County. I live in the fine & fabulous ::choke, coff, gasp:: town of Shandaken ... we have some of the best trout fishing in the NE, Belleayre Mountain & the Worlds Largest Kaleidoscope! (I've never even been there! :heehee ) This's where they wanna build that monstrous golf course & hotel fiasco.

MrsCrochetPants, I'm so glad I could help out... happy to assist anytime! :lol

Shall I have cookies, cake or ice cream waiting for my company? :devil

You people are insane!

I haven't gotten much accomplished beyond my baby dress that I finished yesterday. I am 3/4 of the way thru another one. But I had to buy two skeins of yarn to make it so, -4 for me. My score is going in the wrong direction.

biz

my score is going the wrong way too lol. I just finished 1 skein for +2 points but I bought 1 skeins of yarn and 1 ball of thread for -6 :D oh well. I can just dream :dreaming of the day I would get the negative numbers nght got :hook .

I don't know when I am going to crochet or where, I am looking at almost 24 hours going back to Manila and then being at my grandma's wake so that surely will make for LOTS OF CROCHET TIME.

So 0 right now is my score :sigh

I ROAKed 9 skeins today!! So that's +18 for me!

Hopefully, I'll finished off a few skeins with finished my spring purse swap!!! I may pull myself out of the hole for the week yet!!

I was beginning to think I wasn't going to have any score this week. Then yesterday I finished a skein of white and a ball of tan on my Ohio Star afghan for 3 point. I also used up a ball of black and a skein of dark brown on my April Charity Blitz projects for another 3. However, now I have to buy more white and more black wool to finish those projects. This cycle is never ending!

I guess for me it really will be slow and steady. Especially since a lot of what's in my stash will take forever to use!

But, I did finish up a ball of thread last night, for +2. I also sent my SP 2 balls of yarn for another +4. Add that to the +1 I had from using up half a skein of SS earlier in the week, and I'm at +7 for the week.

I'm about to buy a lot of yarn for a bedspread, so soon I'll be in the negatives again, but I'm staying in the positives this week! :clap

I used up 3 more skeins this week that I forgot to add; 2 on my flannelghan and one on my Every Happy House Art Deco afghan. I also haven't bought yarn in almost 3 weeks :clap However, that will probably be changing next week because, again, I didn't buy enough yarn. I always grossly undercalculate the amount of yarn I actually need.

hmmm....someweek I'll actually have a posotive score...really, I will! I used up one skein for +2 but then bought two so that's -4. I need to really start crocheting!

Weeeeell.... I don't see how I am ever going to get out on top of this, or out of the negative... :blush I had to buy three more skeins today (one for one thing and two for another) to finish some projects I am working on. I did use one ball up. But that's like a drop in the bucket...

My total for this week is: -5

Tina

I guess I should post what I've been doing this week. I've been making six inch squares and I have been using up small balls of yarn so in total I have

seven points. I think that's the highest points I have gotten in any week

since I've joined :yay:cheerNow to change my score.

NO ONE CAN GIVE UP!

If you do... then there's no hope for me!

C'mon, we'll do it... a little at a time. Let's see if we can't designate a stash project soon... Take a look at what you've got and see what you can destash... :D We can DO IT!

(have y'all seen my score??? I haven't given up hope YET!)

Archived