STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

I used up a half skein last night on a project that's been stagnant for quite some time (the 63 More ghan). I've been working a lot with thread lately, so it was a pleasure to be working with Simply Soft last night.

Then I busted out the next skein of the color I'm using, it's a 12oz skein! Back sometime last year, Walmart had 12 oz skeins of SS, and I bought a bunch of them. Should last me for a while.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, finished skein 3 on the pink camo ghan... that's another plus 2... changing my score and going to take a nap before the kids get home from school!

Hi girls,

I ordered yarn for the Mary Maxim contest and it came today. Eight Hot pinks, two purples and a yellow. That's -22 for the week. But I did use up a skein making baby hats, so I'm only in the hole 20 this week. YIkes. I didn't want to lose points!

:manyheart

well I finally made a ball out of the skein that I started on last week making little squares, so 1 point so far this week. yay. Still a long way to go to get out of my hole this week lol.

yesterday I used up three balls making squares...didn't win the 92 balls I was bidding on on EBay so I am sure I will stay above 0 this week even though I am getting a package soon from my Wild and Woolie swap. Today used two skeins of Lion Chenilloe on a two strand scarf for the charity blitz along with a ball of leopard colored chenille to make a doll scarf so I could use up the ball.

Purchased two skiens of S&C for a FBB and used them both up so no points for that!

I have used up 4 other balls of cotton making misc things for around the house. So I am 4 for the week so far.

Just putting it here for my memory.

Used up the partial skein I was working on yesterday. so +1 pt. Then had to buy another skein to finish the dress. -2 pts. An overall -1 pt for yesterday.

I was a total slacker and read last night instead of crocheting.

So far I am at +5 for the week. I bought 4 more skeins of chenille for my SIL blanket, but I have used 5 skeins total (so I gave myself credit for it but i don't know if I can). I also completed a pink and gray ponch for a co-worker which used 1 skein of gray and 1/2 a skein on pink.

OK... I'm thinking of doing a 2-strand with TEAL, cream, tan and brown - a 2-strand.. I have seen the variegated in teh stores, and while it's not my favorite, it seems to be pretty popular. It will get donated, and I don't want it to look TOO scrappy... do you think it will turn out OK? I don't think I have enough of those colors for a 3-strand.

today I received my swap package from the Wild and Woolie Swap and I received 8 skeins of wonderful wool..that makes a - 16 to my stashbusting leaves me at 2 so far for the week...no fear I am in the middle of another double strand scarf.(finished)so 4 more points for two skeins of feather yarn used for total of 6

Okay...this week seems to be going much slower for me in the stashbusting effort. (it couldn't possibly be because I am doing alot of thread projects this week. Nope! Couldn't be!) Anyways, I just finished up another couple of squares which took another 2 skeins of yarn so that is +4 for me. Yay! At least this keeps me with my consistancy award even if I don't get a medal this week, right? :D

Ugh... I have the stomach flu. I may not make my consistency award because of it... waaa... but I did get 2 points today using up a partial skein and one small scrap ball.

Um, I got two more skeins of crochet cotton this week from my secret pal. So that gives me another -4 points. I did use up one skein, too. So that brings my total to only -2 points so far this week. (But, I am not complaining...)

Tina

Well, I was doing so well this week!!!

BUT, today I got a shipment of yarn in from Knitpicks for the purseswap and a gifty for my Mom, so that's 14 skeins total and HUGE -28. Don't know what my score was before, but it's not pretty. Hopefully I'll be able to finish the purse this week. Probably not though, because I have a costume to finish sewing and 100 cupcakes to bake and decorate and birthday party to host. I wonder if I'll get strange looks at the party if I bring my yarn bag?!

I got through another skein today making little squares so 2 more points. I'm trying hard to get out of the negative numbers for my week but don't really see it happening lol.

I haven't gotten anything this week yet, but I am almost done with a skein and a ball doing small squares. Hopefully I will finish with them today for some points.

I haven't been doing so good for the past few weeks....but this week I have finally had some time to :hook. Sunday was a "crochet all day and watch movies" day.

I'm working on two different giant rectangle granny lapghans right now and have a total of 15 points to add (9 for one and 6 for the other so far) :cheer I hope to have them both done in the next few days. I will post pic when they are finished.

I can't post any pix right now, for fear of death :rip

But 6 of those 9 ebay boxes came today... -1214 for me. I guess telling you about the stuff I've used since last post is pretty useless right now, huh? :rofl

Well... there will a bunch of stuff leaving tho, there was a lot of wool in this & all kindsa stuff that I won't use. DD & I counted what is here... there are 460 full skeins, 294 partials & 34 of tapestry wool. The tapestry wool isn't counted in my score cuz they're like 3 yards a piece...

I'll go back to my corner now... :lurk

Archived