STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished up another skein on my baby blanket for Catholic Charities. I am going a little slower this week, because of the stomach flu again!:fever I have been:sleep a lot in the last couple of days. Even missed work today and just :sleep on the couch. I hoep to be better soon and using up lots of :yarn ! So I add two to my count.

:manyheart

I get to add another 4... although one of the balls was so tiny I feel like a schmuck adding a point for it... it made a felted Barbie purse...lol... plus scrubbies and a dish cloth.

Hey everyone. I just added 1 point to my score this week for a ball I used in completing a block of my Ohio Star afghan. That makes my total 3, however, when I went with my daughter to the Dollar Tree, I noticed all the cool wool they had for $1. Luckily I didn't have much money with me, but am thinking of going back after payday.

I didn't get any points yesterday, I did thread snowflakes and that ball of thread is never ending. I don't know how many years I've had it lol but it's finally getting reeeeal close to finishing it up. Maybe in a few weeks more of snowflakes lol. I hope to get some crocheting done today but might have to buy some yarn which will shoot my score for the week.

:c9 or maybe :eek ! I just checked my order status from Herrschners and my new yarn should arrive today... which is cool, except that I just got that nice "atta girl" for keeping my score positive the whole time I've been playing along. I'm gonna have to get busy this morning and score a point or two before the order shows up, then keep going till 8 tomorrow to have a positive score. I love this kind of stress!! LOL, poor me, "I must MUST crochet! I can't let my score be negative honey... that's why the house is trashed...lol" :yes (It's only 16 points worth coming, but still...lol)

:c9 or maybe :eek ! I just checked my order status from Herrschners and my new yarn should arrive today... which is cool, except that I just got that nice "atta girl" for keeping my score positive the whole time I've been playing along. I'm gonna have to get busy this morning and score a point or two before the order shows up, then keep going till 8 tomorrow to have a positive score. I love this kind of stress!! LOL, poor me, "I must MUST crochet! I can't let my score be negative honey... that's why the house is trashed...lol" :yes (It's only 16 points worth coming, but still...lol)

HA! That is what I have been having to do since Wednesday!!! I am pulling out every little bit so I don't go into the negatives this week!!! WOOT!!! This is the kind of fun I need to have!

I've been crocheting my fingers off, and I have a -1 for my efforts! :eek

I used a half skein of yarn on a project, for a +1, but my SP sent me a ball of thread, for a -2. But still, I have a nice ball of thread! :clap

I also made a FBB but since I was using a 1 pound cone of cotton, well, I have quite a ways to go before it's even to the halfway point and worth a single point. I do expect to end up at 0 for the week, since I'm almost done with another ball of thread for a project that I'm currently working on.

Well, I dodged the bullet this time...

I ripped out one sweater and it's bundled up and on its way to my friend in SC. NO POINTS either way! LOL!

I'm getting to the bottom of a one pounder again - hope to have it finished off by tonight. :D

Okay, I have at last uploaded one pic of something I've done to 'stash-bust'. This square (Hint of Spring) used up the last bit of variegated...and the last scrap of white from that ball. It's twelve inches, and as soon as I get time to type the pattern up, I'll have it in the free patterns section.

hintofspringsq.jpg

I must say, I was a good girl at wal-mart today, didn't buy a bit of yarn! Now I'm back to working on a wedding afghan, and hopefully will use up another 4-6 points worth soon!

Sally

Add another two for me today. I finished up a skein and finished the afghan for charity. Now just working on the trim today with scraps. I hope to add more to my score by Sunday.

:manyheart

I'm using points any way I can get 'em right now... I used 5 more partials on DS#2's uglyghan & gifted 21 skeins of sport weight to DD :lol

She's in the process of making herself a 2 strand granny.... I'll hafta get her to let me take a pic, she's doing a wonderful job if I say so myself! :yes

+47, even tho I feel like I *cheated*... a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do (before that next ebay lot arrives!!) :eek

Sadly, my score for the week is a -4! I didn't manage to finish anything that I started:eek I got the negative score because I bought 2 more skeins of yarn so I could finish one of the blankets I am working on. Oh well, there is always next week!

Sadly, my score for the week is a -4! I didn't manage to finish anything that I started:eek I got the negative score because I bought 2 more skeins of yarn so I could finish one of the blankets I am working on. Oh well, there is always next week!

Tomorrow is the deadline, can you finish something by tomorrow?

Well I broke down and bought some yarn today but I only bought 3 skeins :) when I really needed to buy 6 so I'm trying to stay in the positives this week. I then used up a skein on little squares and I think I can finish one more skein tomorrow before the deadline.:cheer

Archived