STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Congrats to last week's winners:cheer

This game has really helped me stay focused, really. The only new yarn that i have gotten in the last month is the yarn that I recieved from my swap partner in the Woolie swap. I started on a purse yesterday and last night (after using almost 1 skein up) I decided to frog it. It's too big for what i want to use it for. Ughhh.

Here's to another week:clap

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won? Something other than STM?

I won, I won, I won! :dance:rofl

That'll probably be the only time I win anything other than Shoot the Moon :lol Oh, that's not good, right? :think

CONGRATS to those of you who are consistant every week, my hats off to you! :applause

Yay!!! :clap A consistancy award??? :think I have only been playing for 3 weeks. Awww Schucks! :yay I am excited anyways. I can celebrate, can't I??? I think I will have a bowl of ice cream and some yummy tea. How's that for a celebration. :yes

And I am celebrating more than just a consistancy award. I finally (finally) finished my scrapghan today. I thought I was going to get it done LAST week, but alas...there were more little balls in that tote than I realized. BUT...it is DONE!!! (minus the end weaving which I will put off until the last possible second) So, that gives me a 7 points. Yay!!! I am going to get this stash busted yet. I will, I WILL!!!

Well I've started another Afghan - A 2-strand Purpleghan (Lilac, Lavendar, Amethyst) I have 24 ounces of each color, I really like the way it looks so far, I'm on row Twelve of HDC (not sure how many in each row, I didn't count) I'll be sure to post a picture on my blog!

Finished 3 strand #3 last night. Earned 4 more points doing that. I busted out 3 1/2 skeins yesterday making mittens and a hat. So that's 7 pts there. A total of 11 points yesterday. I think I just might finish a knitted scarf today? So maybe another 2 points? Not sure, won't post'em till I'm done with it.

biz

I used up 3 skeins of Patons voodoo makinga scarf, 2 skeins of bernat galaxy making a scarf, 1 ball of purple making squares, 3 skeins of LB Jiffy making a purse and 7 skeins of Sinfonaia on a jumper I am working on. yeah a + 31 after the -44 last week

I want to know how it's humanly possible to do this much crocheting and not get at least one point?

Someone please explain this to me? Tell me how this is possible??? :rofl

th_stashbusting-02.jpg

th_stashbusting-01.jpg

I want to know how it's humanly possible to do this much crocheting and not get at least one point?

I don't know KK. That looks pretty impossible. You have to have gotten at least ONE point for all that. Right??? (is this a trick question????) :lol

And some more important announcements:

The following ladies have managed to post every week AND keep their scores above zero for all of the weeks they have been playing the game:

BizzyBoppers

Breeluvselvis

Flyinghooks

KellyA

KnicKnac

Lavelle26

Tlisley

Vibey

They are certain examples of what we're all TRYING to do! :bow

Wow, thanks for the "Atta girl!". Of course I just made my first order from Herrschners...lol :eek I ordered 10 skeins of yarn! PLUS I got a hold of a couple of really knotty skeins of Rainbow dreams... I wrote to Caron and they are sending me 3 free ones! So I better get moving before that stuff gets here... or when it does if I want to keep myself in the positive consistently! Cuz now I got a rep to uphold...lol.

I used 2 skeins on another 2 strand I've started. This one is not random though, I'll be using the same colors throughout. It's for my living room couch. I also crocheted 2 skeins of Jiffy into granny squares for a "future" granny ghan. So I'm +8 for the week. Need to re-set my score!:yes

LOL... just opened the front door because it's a beautiful day and there on my porch was a box!! It's my 3 skeins from Caron! The color is WILD... a bright pink varigated... not sure what I'll do with it...

I just changed my sig, but I'm off to do it again... -6 for me...

I don't know KK. That looks pretty impossible. You have to have gotten at least ONE point for all that. Right??? (is this a trick question????) :lol

Nope, not a trick question at all!!! :lol

I tried to bust thru some balls over the last few days and it just wasn't gonna happen. I still have balls left! UGH!!! I just made them smaller balls! :lol

KnicKnac, I love your filet kitty! Where did you get the pattern? I hear your pain about the small balls just getting smaller and not getting used up. That's what happened to me last week, too. And I'm going to the LYS this week to get some yarn for my pet swap partner's gift, so I know I'll be back in the red again Thursday. <sigh> Ladies, I'm here to make you look good and productive. :lol Patty

th_stashbusting-02.jpg

th_stashbusting-01.jpg

I know exactly what you mean I've had a week like that it seems impossible but it does happen. :hook

KnicKnac, I love your filet kitty! Where did you get the pattern? I hear your pain about the small balls just getting smaller and not getting used up. That's what happened to me last week, too. And I'm going to the LYS this week to get some yarn for my pet swap partner's gift, so I know I'll be back in the red again Thursday. <sigh> Ladies, I'm here to make you look good and productive. :lol Patty

Yeah, I am waiting for some yarn to come in for a sp gift and that will be twelve points down the tube! I have a repuation to uphold, I want the consistancy award! :lol

That pattern is here, and thanks, that is the first filet I have ever done...to me it's wonky, but it looks pretty good in the picture! :lol

OK - I forgot the dark purple ball used to edge the last square for Jess (+1)

I just finished a BICO with matching hat and bootie using 2 skeins of Peacock Rainbow Baby yarn and a ball of yellow scrap yarn - I think it was Caron Perfect Match. (Actually I made a granny to finish these up so they're completely GONE ) (+5)

420017864_62a82e8f32_m.jpg

420017857_79fd195131_m.jpg

That BICO is awfully cute.

I made a list today of all projects needing starting and completing. :sigh

Yeah. I have alot to do. Started a doll, then realized my time would be better used making the birthday present for my soon to be nephew. His birthday is the 26th and I don't want to be waiting until 2 days before and then crocheting like a crazy woman. Done that too many times.

Thankfully the neice and nephew's birthdays that come at that same time are old enough to enjoy money. :D So that is what they are getting.

Nope, not a trick question at all!!! :lol

I tried to bust thru some balls over the last few days and it just wasn't gonna happen. I still have balls left! UGH!!! I just made them smaller balls! :lol

Maybe you should give youself half a point???? :D :D :D

As for me...I am gifting a ton of yarn this week. 32 points worth. I also completed 3 little doilies today for a total of +3 more points. Yay!!! I can hardly believe that I was able to actually bust some thread stash in a timely fashion. You know those balls of thread that you have a tiny amount left over? Well, I just can't seem to throw them away. (weird, huh???) They take up so much room too. I don't feel like winding them into little balls and so the big cardboard rolls all have less than 100 yds of thread on them. YIKES!!!

And in case anyone is interested, I finally finished that scrapghan. Details are on my blog.

4368resized.jpg

Its bright...its colorful...its warm and that sucker got me about a kajillion points. (and boy am I glad its finally done!!!!)

Wow Jessica, that stained glass afghan is gorgeous. Where did you get that pattern? I would love to make something like this.

Archived