STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

I used up 3 balls of green making shamrock pins (27) for next week.

Here's the pattern: Ch 5, join to form ring, [ch4, trc, dc, trc, ch 4, sl st in ring] 3 times (leaves), ch 5, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, sl st in 3 chs, sl st in ring (stem), finish. Sew a 1 inch bar pin to the back. I give them to people at work. I went shopping for boots, the sales lady was so nice, she got one. I gave one to a waitress where I ate too. I also made another scarf, used up a skein. I only need to make 5 more squares for the afghan, and put them together. I hope to finish in time. I'll let you know if I win the contest.

Ellie 13

OOOPS! :eek I forgot to say size E or F hook for the shamrocks. Sorry!

I made more squares for my afghan last night, 2 more to go, then I'll crochet it together. I used about 1/3 of a pounder of each color so far. I might have enough yarn for another afghan. My mom just got RAOKed more yarn, so I took a skein of brown and tan to make teddies (-4).

Ellie 13

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm here to say that I only strayed for a week & I've knocked all sorts of numbers back down :oops

-461 for me so far... with the thread/yarn e-bay lot (I don't even like thread!)... but I'm thinking that I'll be doing a major de-stashing soon (via the PO of course) & started a 2 strand uglyghan for DS#2 too... I know it'll take a lit'l while to move these numbers, but I WILL do it!!!! :blush

Yea!! The beginning of a new week....I started off this week by buying 6 skeins of yarn.....but it's the Sugar & Spice cotton yarn, so they're little tiny skeins, won't take me long to get rid of them. -12 for me, off to update my siggy.

Well I started out this week with a -2 since I went to Walmart and bought a skein yes only 1 so I guess thats not to bad!!

By the way I did up a bunch of Shammerocks She said a F hook OOOOPPPPSS I used a G and I love they way they turned out. They are super fast I have 50 done since friday. I need 100+ for the weekend after patty's day for a Huge parade we go to. So these will be a nice gift!

OK... well. Here's the story.

DD8 wanted to spend some ALONE time with me, so we went to lunch. Then we dropped stuff off at thrift store, and I decided to head in to get my sons some pants (they're rough on them, so I don't spend much). Found a HUGE skeing of black boucle for 99c. (Yep, that's right) THEN I went to the ladies' department and decided to investigate the wool sweaters. You see, I want to try felting but I'm TOO CHEAP to buy wool. I had heard you can use "recycled" wool from sweaters. So, I looked at all the seams of these sweaters, all in gorgeous variegates. I came home with *5* sweaters, and have disassembled TWO of them. Of course, I'm winding EACH sweater into ONLY one ball :lol as they're fewer points that way... but I'm not deducting my points until they're ALL wound.

My score for last week was 7 - just in case I mess up my sig before I get back to get the medals. :rofl

Okay okay... so i'm not sure if this counts as me being bad or not....:devil :devil

I just came home from spring break, which I spent in Maine visiting with my family and my fiance's family. Some exciting news, my little sister is pregnant!! That lead to me thinking about my stash.. which is very low on baby yarn... i was talking to my fiance' about it, saying he better get ready for me to buy a bunch so i can make my future neice or nephew a bunch of things. Well my future MIL told him to go out to her craft storage and get me a box of yarn... Its awesome... Not baby yarn, so i'll still need to a bunch of that... but boy oh boy... this more than doubled my stash!!!

8 balls

65 full skeins....

so thats minus 138 for me....

:hook :hook

Now i'd say i'm sad for loosing all those points.... but i just got the most awesome present ever... so yeah i'm not sad:yay :yay :yay

yarnsmall.jpg[/img]

Well, I started out the new week with stellar form. I went to JoAnns to get some yarn to do a mock up of a piece I'm putting up for a commission bid. So, I went in for two skeins and came out with 10!!! So, that's -20 for me!

I'm not as bad as some others, but it's killing me! I have to get my room (read stash holding area) in order for this weekend because my mom is coming to town and she has to sleep in my room or my cats will try to sleep with her. That means lots of organizing and attempting to get a handle on the stash!!

Wow, Jessica, wish I knew someone who could give me yarn like that!

I'd been doing not too badly (not too well either) staying very close to the zero mark...until we went to Wal-Mart. I was good: right up till the 'mill-ends' bin. I almost bought a bag of red-what-looked-like-cha-cha and passed. Then I saw a bag of lilac eyelash yarn with larger 'flecks' of various pastel spring colours. I just couldn't pass that up for $5, there are about 7 skeins in it.

Time to make some teddy bears and bunnies!

Sally

I found out our church is having a "baby shower" in a couple of weeks. So I had some pink/purply yarn and it needs to be with ww to make a nice blanket.

I have used two little skeins of the thin yarn, and one of the solid pink, and then had to purchase another skein of the pink.

So my score is up 6 minus two for the new skein. When the project is one, I think It will be about a 12 point addition.

:manyheart

OK!!! I've FINALLY gotten to the scores....

GOLD MEDAL: Nght (87)

SILVER MEDAL: renegade (72)

BRONZE MEDAL: BizzyBoppers (44)

SHOOT THE MOON AWARD: Breger3 (-96)

CONGRATULATIONS!

Don't forget to turn your scores back to zero if you haven't already. :D

And some more important announcements:

The following ladies have managed to post every week AND keep their scores above zero for all of the weeks they have been playing the game:

BizzyBoppers

Breeluvselvis

Flyinghooks

KellyA

KnicKnac

Lavelle26

Tlisley

Vibey

They are certain examples of what we're all TRYING to do! :bow

And some more important announcements:

The following ladies have managed to post every week AND keep their scores above zero for all of the weeks they have been playing the game:

BizzyBoppers

Breeluvselvis

Flyinghooks

KellyA

KnicKnac

Lavelle26

Tlisley

Vibey

They are certain examples of what we're all TRYING to do! :bow

WOOT! We should recieve the CONSISTANCY AWARD!!!

WOOT! We should recieve the CONSISTANCY AWARD!!!

:rofl Ok. When I read this I thought it said "constipation". Forgive my horrible mind....please :( .

Still finishing up 3 strand #3. Earned 14 pts on that last night. However had to buy 10 skeins this morning to make more hat/mittie/scarf sets. so -20 for a total of -6 so far this week. I WILL get those points back tho!! AND I've added to my stash cuz those hats mitties and scarves are not using up ALL the yarn. SOoooo....Another 3 strand?? I don't know..I'm starting to lose steam on those...but I don't want the yarn sitting around. I'm finally cleaning things up at home. OOOOOOOOO WAIT!!!

I forgot I'm gifting 14 new skeins and 3 balls to two ladies that had the futzpah to let me! :hook They are in the mail today...so that's +31 pts right there.

+25 for the week so far then.

This has made my day. Really.

My score for the week was zero. I didn't use anything up, but I didn't buy anything, either, so that's good. That won't last long. But I did use up a skein late Saturday, so my overall score is now back up to 0, and I'm actually ahead for the week right now. That probably won't last long either. Patty

WOOHOO!! I won the Shoot the Moon! :clap

Oh wait, not supposed to be proud of that.

Well, That should be the ONLY time I win that award till I use up MUCH more of this stash.

It's just soooo hard to resist a good sale!:blush

Well, I frogged 3 of the 5 sweaters...

The sweater on the left is 50/50 wool and ramie. I know it won't felt completely, but that is the one that I want to make into a bag, so it's OK whatever it does. -4 for that one (I figured out a nice sized ball each from front, back, and 2 sleeves)

The next row of balls is a green/brown/ecru variegated fuzzy acrylic/wool blend (small amount of wool) from a sweater. -4

In the front is a skein of boucle that I got for 99c at the thrift store, too. -2

Then the BIG ball and the one in front of that are from anothe sweater - 27% wool only - and this is in EVERY color of nature that you can imagine - brown, blue, green, orange, yellow, rust.... It's quite pretty, believe it or not. -2 for that one.. I'll earn that point for sure with that big ball.

Then the purples are actually a chunky cotton blend that is super soft. I was frogging the sweater and realized that every other row the thread alternated, and it turns out they are two variegates, one light and one dark, but very similar. -2

The light pink I have already started working on (as I'm ripping it out!) and it's a really pale pink acrylic with a pink ribbon in it - very cute! NO POINTS as it's going from one to the other (sneaky, aren't I?)

The little piggies in there are free... :D TOTAL: -14

sweateryafn.jpg

Archived