STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I was away for the whole weekend and only used up two skeins but that was 4 points for me. Then my SP sent me two balls of thread this week so I had to take away those 4 points. And since I had some major work to do on my website this week I haven't been able to stashbust as much as I would. Today I was finally able to get out my scrapghan I am working on and I finished 7 balls of yarn so that makes 7 points for me total this week. Sad...I know...especially after winning the silver medal last week. But hey...the week is not over yet. And there is always next week. :clap

Ok. I got to do some serious stashbusting tonight. It was 'quiet night' at home tonight (reading, crafts...anything quiet) so I worked on my afghan. I busted 30 little balls and have all but cleared out my shoe box size tote of yarn. I think I have about 5 really little balls left in there. From now on its going to be 1/2 skeins or more to bust thru. All my little balls are gone....:cry So my points will come MUCH slower now.

biz

Well, I just finished this "Really Cute Romper" from Crochet Today Magazine.....made it for a friend who's having a baby in May. It's WAYYYYY cute. Here's the link with a picture....http://www.crochettoday.com/articlepage.aspx?articleid=88

I'll take a picture of mine and post it later.....I did blue and green instead of yellow. Anyway, I got 2 points for making two skeins into balls.

Now I'm going to start on my list of things I want to make for my step-daughter's American Doll....We'll see how it goes.......

+3 for 1½ skeins of Baby Clouds on a BICO yesterday. Didn't the pattern say 1 6oz skein if using Homespun...? :think

Still, 3 points for me :lol

Another point for finishing knitted scarf. Soon will be adding more points from today's pair of mittens. Love the pattern. Its from Bernat. I tried to find it online to give a link, but couldn't find it. It's made with eyelash and softee chunky together. I'll post pics when I get the sets done.

biz

I just left the post office, the scene of the stash busting! I RAOKed a few folks to the following sums:

18 partial skeins (+18)

23 full skeins (+46)

For a grand total of +64! :cheer

The funny thing is, it barely made a dent, but I know these people will enjoy their new stashes (they all asked for yarn for charity work, so I figured, why not?).

I've update my sig with my new totals. :)

Yay everyone! No one has flipped out and bought a million billion skeins! (That I noticed. o_O) I've got +2 from a bolero I'm working on, and +1 more for finishing off a ball on my ugly ghan. Way to go! (Hopefully be positive points by the end of the week. >_> )

So far this week, I purchased one skein of white yarn that I needed and used up 1 ball for a total of -1. However, I did go through my stash of yarn and organized it by colors, so now I can find something when I want it. My 10 year old grandson helped me, he seemed to enjoy it.

You're right - I haven't heard of anyone being ajunky and getting their "fix".. we're going to do well this week!

TRANSLATED: NO ONE had better MESS this UP! LOL!

I was soooo tempted this morning to buy some yarn off of Yarnsale.com but I didn't!!! A shocker, I know!!! I don't NEED anymore yarn! lol!!! (hoping if I keep telling myself that I'll start believing it!)

So far I used 2 balls this week, I walked in of Michaels "thinking I needed more yarn, got nearly to the check out counter and thats when it dawned on me.......NOPE!!!"

Why oh why do I do this to myself???? :eek

I will look forward to purchasing when I made a big enough dent!!! :hook

:manyheart Thanks for the this CAL as well as the support all have shared:manyheart

Now if my hand musles would be a bit more forgiving I would be able to bust some more on the yarn stash

Well I guess we'll see if slow and steady will win the race!!

Good luck ladies go bust your stash!!!

Hey Pamela- The afghan is very pretty and nice and big....I was really interested in how you attached that pair of legs on the bottom?? Whipstitch?? :lol Yeah, I know, I'm a hoot.

Ok. Four points for todays mittens. Two points for a whole skein and one point each for turning two skeins into balls.

I should work on my 3 strander tonight, but I'm reading.

biz

Well I had to buy 2 more skeins of yarn the other day in case I couldn't find it here at home so I would be able to finish up my shawl so back to -4 but I got through a ball so +1 I think I'll end up in the positives this week.

Well, last night I used up a skein of pink rug type yarn to make a toy hammock for my granddaughter to hang some of her favorite beanie babies from the plant hooks in her room. (She has 3 rubbermaid containers full of them and refuses to part with any.) So that is 2 for me or a score of 1 for the week so far. I will try to get a picture of it over the weekend.

You're right - I haven't heard of anyone being ajunky and getting their "fix".. we're going to do well this week!

TRANSLATED: NO ONE had better MESS this UP! LOL!

Yeah 'cause everyone who's yarn addiction can't be controlled dropped out and joined the Yarn Addicts' CAL :laughroll

I soo wanted to join that CAL :P but hubby and I are attending Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University sponsored by our church sooo that means no money to blow on yarn until we get our finances in order :eek

But!! That also means I have more time to crochet and less time to obsess over yarn that I don't really need :lol

As you can see my score for the week is adding up and I am slooowly getting out of the hole! Maybe I can get below -220 by Sat? :D

I can and I will!!!

Another skein used up for my VS skirt!! I soo want to finish this by Sat, but I think Sunday will be a more realistic goal! I can show it off at church :D

Archived