STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night I made a dishtowel and dishcloth to match for a neighbor using tow skeind os Sugar and Cream...+4 and then today I made two yes two Nordstrom bag Knock-offs using two skeins each of Lion Brand Jiffy+ 8 with that 8 points I did have that puts me at a

WTD 20

I know I'm a lit'l late, but we were car shopping & just got home!

I added 8 new skeins to my collection today, but I realllllyyyyy needed them! So -16 more for me for a whopping grand total for the week of -210 :blush

So my score for the week is -17

WTD-17, YTD-29

Now off to watch the version of Superman and to make a

dent to my stash and score. See you later.:blush

Well my score for the week is 17, woohoo! The most it's ever been. Sunday I'm going yarn shopping though, so I'll hafta dig myself out of a hole, but I think I can manage. Someday, I will get another drawer cleaned out...

Ok, here's the 2 strand ghan I did last weekend:

th_Mar03_22.jpg

This picture is for crap but I just got a new cam and haven't figured it out well yet.

I got you in there KnicKnac!

I've been trying to go back to the previous week's post and make my way forward to the end of the posts and pull scores off of sigs.

I'm HOPING to keep in the positives this week. I'm not making ANY great strides, but if I can bust through a few skeins each week, I'll be doing OK!

I'll really try better this week :blush

But when I work so many hours, it's just easy to buy more than it is to actually use yarn :think

I know I am late. My hubby decided we were going up the pass last night (into the mountains) so I had no time to post. But thought I would let you all know I did really bad anyway.

I think yesterday alone I picked up 6 skeins here and there. And I know I didn't "take care" of any this week at all. So that is -12.

I don't have to count the yarn my 11yo daughter picked up for herself right? :)

~LL~

OK. Someone here posted pictures of their stash last week. I thought this was a good idea. I have a "closet" that is devoted to my yarn. Only because the room used to be a bedroom with a 2'x4'x8' closet, and it's really for the computer and stuff. Well, the problem is that I can NO LONGER close the door! Every last corner of this closet is crammed with yarn - including the corner that you can't see - it's stacked to the ceiling with boxes of yarn!

I'll be in this thread a while.... I am NOT buying any more yarn. If I get some as gifts, that's OK - I'll use that up, too. And I just can't, in good conscience, give any of this away!

Oh, and I probably have a good tote full of yarn in different places around the house - all the stuff that's associated with my WIPs!

closet.jpg

I have a RIDICULOUS-ly Large Stash - I've accumulated this over the past TWO YEARS! I believe my Shed is about 10 foot by 8 foot and there is barely enough room to walk in there!

I have a tote for each color of yarn -

• Brown/Black
    P2220072-1.jpg
    Blue
    Pink
    P2220078.jpg
    Red
    P2220068-1.jpg
    Purple
    P2220070-1.jpg
    Yellow/Orange
    P2220073-1.jpg
    Green
    P2220067-1.jpg
    Ombre (2)
    P2220076-1.jpg
    Sport Weight (2)
    P2220071-1.jpg
    Neutrals
    Cotton
    P2220080.jpg
    Miscellaneous that hasn't found it's home yet!
    P2220074-1.jpg

A lot of my crochet thread I also wound into balls and put in containers by Color

P2220079.jpg

I've also got a Barrel Drum Size Trash can Liner full of yarn that's been wound but there is no room in my Totes! Also a Ziploc XXL? Bag and a Few L Bags that have no place to go!

P2220075-1.jpg

The thought behind my shed was nice but I've just out-grown it!

Hopefully when I get my new house in April/May I'll have a way to get it all organized!!!

Mrs. CrochetPants - do you enjoy seeing all of your yarn, or have you gotten to the point where you're thinking "I need to USE this, and stop buying! What am I buying for?" That's where I'm at. It will bring me joy to bring my stash down to a manageable level! I don't like it all over the place, and knowing that I haven't gotten to some of this beautiful stuff, and then I buy MORE beautiful stuff!

Mrs. CrochetPants - do you enjoy seeing all of your yarn, or have you gotten to the point where you're thinking "I need to USE this, and stop buying! What am I buying for?" That's where I'm at. It will bring me joy to bring my stash down to a manageable level! I don't like it all over the place, and knowing that I haven't gotten to some of this beautiful stuff, and then I buy MORE beautiful stuff!

I LOVE seeing my yarn but I need to get it down to a more manageable level! I have a problem with using it though, I forget that the point of having it is to make stuff with it, not just to Have it!

My husband is really patient with me when It comes to my yarn, even though he tells me ALL THE TIME, You don't need any more yarn, but if something goes on sale, or If I go to a second hand shop and they have yarn at a reasonable price I have to buy it, I can't let someone else have it!

I am also the same way with my Crochet Library!!! I have over 600 crochet pattern Leaflets, Books and magazines!!! But yet I still go online and print out patterns lol! I will not pass up the chance to buy a new crochet leaflet if I find one on sale!

When I finally get my new house it will be soooo much better! I have a room that is Floor to Ceiling Book Shelves on one wall (should be more than enough for my Crochet Library)

Archived