STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Lavelle - I am sorry that your score earned you a medal, but it didn't get awarded. I went back from the last award (a week) to this week's postings and used those scores, hoping to get everyone's scores from their sigs. I don't always have time for that, that's why I need people to post.

Still not getting anywhere myself - still working on those full skeins. I see my Tracy Kimbrough afghan is getting to the end of the skein soon, though - it's going fast!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tamugrad- Nice!!

Krystal- I would love that pattern...hint, hint!! ;) I have little balls that would really like to become flowers instead of being lost in 3strand ghan #3! :lol Do you need my email?

I busted alot of stash during movie night last night on my third 3 strander...however I forgot how much, so I will just have to post those numbers after work tonight. Wayyyy after work, cuz I have the last of my suede purse classes to teach tonight. I am tired...love my job, but I'm tired....:yawn

biz

Thanks Krystal and KnicKnac. I think I got it now. :blush I will try to do better this week. ;) I am aiming for a gold medal!!! I already have 3 skeins gone since I am working on a shawl for a friend. I should have it finished tonight and then I will update my siggy with my new score. Yay! I have plans for more stash this week. :hook

Used up some yarn yesterday and once I get my house work done I'll be working on the 3 strand scrap afghan I'm making for DH and I'll whip through some more!! YEA!

Whew!

Went to Michaels today and do you know I walked out of their spending $45 but not one penny of it went to yarn.

I did pet alot of yarn tho.

Almost finished a skien today for a dishcloth!

OK when does the week start and stop. like I made 2 hats saturday would I post that as -577YDT and 3WDT ???

Holy cow a special shoot the moon prize for me. How SWEET

bad news I heard my uncle is sending another 4 boxes about the 3rd week of march. can you say -800 lol

Carrie -

The week starts and stops at 8PM EST on Saturdays.

Your WTD is only what you've used from that time until now. The YTD is the total up until now. Some people keep their YTD and update it every week only as they change their WTD back to 0. Others update both numbers all along. That is totally your call.

Does your uncle want my address? I'll accept a package for you.. :devil

Well, first the GOOD NEWS:

I was working on my TK afghan while watching Heroes, nice fat K hook... and all of a sudden I ran out of YARN! My skein was gone! So, +2 for me.

Then, the BAD NEWS: :lol

My friends that I am in a swap game (on another group) sent me some gifts... and, of course - they sent me YARN!!!!

One package had this gorgeous Italia stuff from Yarn Bee (I don't have Hobby Lobby near me), in two colors, Genoan and Umbria (4 of each), so that's -16 right there.

Then another friend sent me a WHOLE BOX... all different stuff in there, some balls, some skeins.. counting now...15 skeins and and 20 balls of varying sizes...so that's another 50 in the hole...

so, 66 - 2, that's 64 points off for me.. :devil

I managed another 4 points and my 2 strand afghan is finished!! WOOHOO! This is my very first completed afghan and this CAL motivated me to do it! Is that COOL or what???

I'm so geeked!!

Ok, off to update my sig!!

Traci- That is super cool! Congrats! Would love to see pics.

Wow to you guys gettin' yarn.:eek Where on God's green earth are you storing all this stuff?!?!

My totals for last night and tonights crocheting are 42. I am almost completely finished with one entire tote of scraps. While doing this I have been separating my baby yarns out from the rest of it....I have about a tote of that alone. So...maybe a baby 2 or 3 strand ghan in the future?? :D I still have a black garbage bag full of leftovers to get thru, so I think I will have enough for this blanket. Almost 25% thru 3 strand ghan #3.

biz

well i started my version of the stain glass afghan tonight... I'm really liking it, i'm sure it will bust stash eventually, but i'm using all of my "ugly" yarn on it... the yarn individually isn't bad, but its only one skein of each color and a lot of varrigated stuff, so I wasn't sure what i was going to do with it.

I'll post pictures when i get a little more done!

Just finished a WIP baby sweater and used up two skeins of yarn. That makes 4 more points for me today. Going to update my siggy and go to bed. I plan on making the matching hat tomorrow for another point and then see what else is calling me from my stash. I am thinking of a sweater for little Chloe.

I feel guilty making points using up the tennis ball size balls of yarn. It just doesn't seem right. 4 points for yesterday.

Nah, don't feel guilty. That's what this is all about, getting rid of your stash. If that was part of your stash when the game began, then use it! I have gotten rid of TONS of "little" balls doing this scrap ghan I am doing. They were scraps when I started this game!!!

Well, I get very little stashbusting done last week (I know this is late...) because my house was robbed while I was at work! Luckily, they didn't steal my yarn. [Although they stole almost everything else of value.] So even though I have no computer to distract me from crocheting, I've had so many other things to do I only used up one skein. What a mess, and what stress. I just hate it. Maybe things will calm down this week and life can get back to some semblance of normal. Patty

Well, I get very little stashbusting done last week (I know this is late...) because my house was robbed while I was at work! Luckily, they didn't steal my yarn. [Although they stole almost everything else of value.] So even though I have no computer to distract me from crocheting, I've had so many other things to do I only used up one skein. What a mess, and what stress. I just hate it. Maybe things will calm down this week and life can get back to some semblance of normal. Patty

OH!!! :hug:hug:hug I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Its very scarey to have your house broken into! I know when my family got robbed a few years ago i hated the thought of someone touching all my stuff! I hope you get everything back to normal as soon as possible, and i hope you had good insurance... if you did maybe the gem inside all the horrible parts is that you can get new stuff? i know that was what my mom kept telling us about everything of ours that was taken. Good luck putting all the pieces back together:hug:hug

Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope you get back to normal soon.

Archived