STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Krystal I agree! That is sooo pretty. Where can I find the pattern? Is it in a book or something?

HAHA I just clicked the pic and your tag says its the blue star afghan... lol. Never mind...

:eek I love that afghan, Krystal! You're using up scraps? Must be skeins, eh?

Angel Fairy, your hairbrush holder is cute, too.

I don't think I am going to get anything but the shoot the moon award, maybe... I just got two skeins of yarn from my secret pal, and I know I am going to go out today and get two more skeins to make dishcloths for my secret pal, too... :sigh If I go out and buy two skeins but then use them will I still be back at zero?

Tina

OK I get 2 points for using up a skein of navy blue edging the squares for a comfortghan I'm working on. now I need to join the squares, but since I've left ends on the last row I won't be using anymore yarn today.

Which means my final score for this week is -126.

Off to work on this ghan. :hug to all

I know I said I was going to get here at least twice a week, but on Wensday, I fell on flat my back :( . I work at a food market near my home (5 min. walk). About 6 feet from the door, I was flat out staring at the sky. Didn't know what hit me. A co-worker coming in at the same time saw me go down, and helped me up. I didn't get hurt too bad, just a few bruises and sore spots (I think my heavy coat helped). They gave me the day off - with pay! :clap Thursday is my regular day off, so I got 2 days of crocheting in. Used up 1 skien and 3 balls (5 pts!) :cheer . Thursday afternoon I went shopping and got 4 skiens (-8 pts.), BOO HOO!! :( . I needed to get Lion Brand because I'm going to enter the Rag Shop contest. I got Pound of Love. I've already started and think I used about 2 oz. of each already. At this rate, I should use 1 skien in a week. I'm on a dead line, which helps. Is anyone else going to enter? :think

Ellie 13

Ok, this will probably be my final score for the week unless I magically create time somewhere... (I'm headed to work and then a birthday party for a little girl we love...lol) but I finished a skein of Patons Merino and 2 partials on a felted pillow, I'll need more wool to finish, but I refuse to get it until after 8 pm tonight...ROFLMBO!!! So plus 4... a grand total of 31!! YAY Me!

well I got most of the way through another skien and finished another project. I did the vintage cardigan Cal. so that gives me another point. I dont know how some of you get your scores so high, I cant do it, maybe you are using alot of balls and I am using full skeins. Is that the case for anyone who gets a score over 10? I know I dont have slow fingers.

well this week has been a bust for me... I got sooo little done... darn exams this week and next, oh well maybe over spring break i can get a lot done between meetings for wedding planning.

I'm at -4 for the week... I bought two skeins of mainstays... they are really really soft, not exactly sure what i am going to do with them, i got a blue and a red, maybe my little brother wants a new blanet? or maybe ill make a red and blue ripple for one of the many babies i know could use one.

I'm not sure, but tonight i've been recruited as my fiance's helper setting up his new 90 gallon tank, and then one of his freinds invited us over for dinner... Not that i'm unhappy about not cooking tonight, but well it may be slightly akward... either way no crocheting for me until well after 8 tonight.

Hope you all ended better than me!:manyheart

I finally have something to post this week, I started my new felted tote & finished 2 full skeins, earning another 4 points!! I have 3 1/2 hours before the week ends & hope to finish at least one more.:hook :hook

well I got most of the way through another skien and finished another project. I did the vintage cardigan Cal. so that gives me another point. I dont know how some of you get your scores so high, I cant do it, maybe you are using alot of balls and I am using full skeins. Is that the case for anyone who gets a score over 10? I know I dont have slow fingers.

For me, I have actually gotten rid of a lot of unused yarn to several RAOK's - it doesn't matter how you get rid of your stash, you just need to get rid of it! :lol

I am still chuggin with my round ripple, I will be here by 8 to post my numbers.

Well I probably won't get anymore used up to count before tonight's end so I did at least finish up a skein and get 1/2 way through the next for 2 more points leaving me a wopping -17 for the week I hope I can whittle away at that next week but I have a feeling I might buy more yarn if there is any new or good prices on my vacation lol.

Well.... I went to ACMoore today to get *2* skeins of yarn to use on my Blue Star. I came back with *9*. But, YOU SEE, they had these BAGS of yarn that were Caron and Red Heart (you know, the "no name" that anyone can figure out) that were $2.99 for a whole pound!!! I had to get 3 bags, then another of Navy Blue. So, that's -18 for me to add on.

I'm in serious contender for SHOOT THE MOON. Oh no! :eek

This week I have done as badly as in the past. I only purchased 1 ball and 1 skein of yarn so I lost 3points but have crocheted up 1 ball so my score is -2.

I really wish work would find the extra staff they need, I'm so tired by the time I get home that crochet goes by the board. Oh Well

This weeks score -2

Well, I just bought four more skeins today. So what is that -8 points this week? I was only going to buy two... but they had a really cool color I hadn't seen before!! :blush Oh no, I need two or three more for a new project... I will be tallying it up later....

Tina

My Score for the week is -101! Hopefully I can get some Stash-Busting done next week! I worked 50 hours this week, will probably have to do the same next week! Sheeesh I'm tired! Tomorrow's my day off, I'll rest and Hopefully get some crocheting done!

Oh yeah baby! Count me in for another 13 balls used up for my StashRoundRippleGhan!

It's coming along nicely, but I am done for the day, I am gonna watch a movie!!!

So...Week Five StashBusting Score = 37 (YTD ~87~)

My final score for the week is 40...

I know that next week I'm going to be in major negatives though, as I'm shopping tomorrow to re-stock the stash LOL!! Now that I've gotten thru most of the stuff I bought when I was just starting out and didn't have a favorite yarn, I won't be as compelled to use it up any way I can for points, so I don't expect my score to be as high from this point on...

Jessie

Archived