STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelly- That's an awesome feat of willpower!!

Jessica- Girl you are cruising on your score!!

As for me...a small +4 pts from last night and this AM. However!!! I DID learn to embroider last night! I think I'm gonna like it!!

biz

I keep forgetting to post. Two nights ago I finish a skein making 12'squares

and from that skein I only made two and about four yo-yo's.Now off

to change my siggie.:yes

WHEW! I finally finished that first skein of bernat baby with the preemie stuff. 3 hats, 2 blankies, and 3 squares for a future baby ghan! Plus 2 for me!! Off to change my sig!

On Thursday I finished 3 skeins of Lion Moonlight Mohair. :cheer

I know they're only 82 yards each, but I've got lots of other RHSS that will take a lot longer to use up. I just needed some small skeins to get the crochet buzz on.

YAY! I just ROAK'd 9 skeins too Knic Knac! If I played the lottery I'd play 918! (9 skeins for 18 pts!! LOL). Also I used up a quick skein of Joann's "Life" on a cute toddler pillbox type hat. Less thatn 40 minutes on that one! Think I'll make another! LOL! So I racked up 20 pts in less than an hour! Not every day you can say that!

Carrie, are you "inheriting" your grandma's stash??

Wish I had a grandma that had a stash like that!! :lol

Unfortunately, DH's grandma who both crochets and knits, has only a grcery sack full of stash as she only buys what she needs for a project!! :wink

My grandma use to work in a yarn shop so when they would discontinue a lot or typeof yarn she would buy what was left. She has a room floor to ceiling with just enough room for one person to walk in so the 4 boxes I got (actually from my uncle but it's my grandma's) barely put a dent in it. SHe is very ill and is in a home. her arthritis is so bad she hasnt been able to corchet or knit for some time. So my uncle is spliting the yarn between me and my aunt. We are the only 2 people in the family grandma ever taught to crochet and knit.

It's kinda nice because the stuff she has is older and not made anymore plus she is in Eastham Mass and here in CA I haven't see these types of yarn.

It's an honor for me to get some of her yarn. i will go -5mil on this stashbuster CAL if it means getting more yarn from her.

Krystal- I hope you don't mind me posting this here. I just wanted to let people know about it.

I started a thread about the Fisher House Charity work specifically for the Ft. Sam Houston Houses for the war wounded. Please check it out. It's something I strongly believe in.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=659029&posted=1#post659029

~RR~

I've still been working on my shawl. Here's some photo's

shawl2.jpg

shawl1.jpg

I used another ball on it last night. Plus I also finished a complete skein of pink on my ripple! So I just scraped in with 4 more points for the week.:cheer

Well, I finally finished all the daisies for my blanket.....I have to say, Krystal, this pattern has been a pleasure to work with.....I just love it. I will start piecing it together tonight.

I had to frog a hat I made a couple months ago for my fiance.....it was too big so I made him another one. The yarn I got from the hat is going to go to in my round ripple scrap-ghan, but for right now I'm down 2 points......

Well I have been working on making up my own *stashbusting* pattern. It's for a coffee can cozy. (I know, I'm weird.)

th_Picture046.jpg

To fit a coffee "can" (it's plastic) like this:

th_Picture047.jpg

Both pics should be clickable.

I'm using my coffee can for saving pennies. (And any other big coins I can find in the laundry or wherever...) I found three pennies while I was taking the pictures, too. Woo Hoo. :2c

I'm still not done with it. I wanted to make a lid of some sort. I don't know what to do for it, so it may be a while...

Tina

Well, I killed my score today. I went to JoAnn's and picked up 4 skeins of yarn to make an afghan. I got 1 1lb and 3 jumbos from caron. I rolled them into 4oz balls and got 12 balls total. SO! That's -12 for me.

Great Idea,Tina (Mom w/a Motif) it looks great I have also done a cozy for my hairbrush holder. It started as a ghostly lollipop cover, but it got to big so I just kept going a few more rounds and stop and put it over an empty strawberry jam jar.It became my hairbrush holder :think

Archived