STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Ok....sorry I missed the scoring (again) this week....:blush I usually work on Saturday nights and I forget eariler in the day....I'll try to do better. Anyway, I reworked my entire stripey afghan this week.....it's now a round ripple afghan......I like it MUCH better....pictures of that soon. I finished up 5 balls on that afghan so plus five for this week so far.....YEA ME!!

Krystal -- you wanted to see a picture of the daisy afghan I'm working on.....I have 12 more to go and then I will start putting it together....here's what I have so far.....thanks again for this pattern, I love it.

DSC00509.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ohhh that's so beautiful! Where's the pattern from?

The pattern is from *ME*!!!! :clap

That is so pretty! I love the colors like that - reminds me of an old patchwork scrap quilt! How awesome! If you do a couple more rounds on each square in a "border" color then sew them together, they'll look EXACTLY like a quilt!

If anyone wants the pattern, you can email me - all I ask is for a square in return. (for charity)

Ok, I went to AC Moore today.... I wasn't going to buy anything, but they had the mill ends there, they said they were caron mill ends, and I started to look. And well, I poked holes in the bags to feel the yarn inside, and I believe them that it is in fact Caron. Anyway I got a 1lb bag of lavendar Simply Soft, 1lb Deep Purple (like jewel toned) purple, 1lb standard caron blue, and 1lb of gray that looks great with the blue. Anyway the 1lb bags were only $2.99!!!! $2.99/lb is even cheaper than the Mainstays!!!! And I couldn't pass it up! Well, the way they are packaged I have a total of 13 skeins, and it wasn't quite $12!!!! But, I lost 26 points, oh well, I'll get them back, :lol

Can I get a bit of clarification here??? When we put the total score in our siggy are we to put the score for this week only and then the score for the total??? Is the total score everything up until today??? or up until before this week? Just want to get this right.

I also want to announce that I have been trucking along with this. I will have alot more numbers to add to my score tonight. I am working on some dishcloths today using up my scraps of kitchen cotton. I didn't realize how many scrap balls of that stuff I had until I started these dishcloths. I am working on dishcloth number 10. WOW!!!

Anna,

The true score that is "judged" each week is only your "weekly" score. Your YTD score is simply the total of all the weeks' scores for as long as you've been playing. You can keep a YTD or not, but I AM because that's the only way to TRULY know if you're going through stash. (Considering I am in the negatives for YTD, I am not doing very well OVERALL! LOL!)

I will need to get my score up to about 600 to have burned through a lot of my stash....

BUT I have to say that I'm buying less and less - most of my negatives lately have come from gifts, and that doesn't happen often!

:D

My numbers are getting a lit'l better, you'll be happy to know that I won't be getting that order of yarn from ebay (well, at least DH will :lol ) The shipping amount was miscalculated & it'll be an extra $75.00 or so :eek

And too, I sent off a box of 25 skeins today to AuntyM. I feel like I'm cheating by not actually *using* yarn to add to my score LOL

Incredible willpower Krystal, I don't think I wouldv'e been able to do it! LOL

Work is done for the day now, let's see what I can make my hook do before bed. :)

Well, I breezed through a charity scarf and a scarf that goes into my craft show bin tonight, which puts me up 3 balls!!! That makes me happy.

Honestly, I purchased 13 skeins of yarn earlier tonight, but then I realized AFTER I purchased that I purchased the wrong brand, so I'm sending them back as soon as I get them, because I do NOT need another 13 skeins of red-like yarn. I have so many balls of random nonmatching red colors it's hysterical. Red is one of my two favorite colors, so I tend to buy it a lot.

I did alot of hookin' yesterday, but didn't finish any of my skeins...I did however finish a pillow top, so when I work up the back I know I'll finish the skein I've got going right now...so, no points for yesterday, but today should be good...

Jessie

Archived