STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:eek :eek :eek Uh oh! I went shopping with a friend yesterday. Came home with 25 skeins of yarn. :blush (That was "good", considering how much I wanted to bring home!!!!!) Anyway I went a little crazy, but I got some Modea Dea for $1, and Lion Brand Suede for $2 a skein. I figure I can't beat that.

So, I'm off to crochet my -50 points away.

I did finish 2 skeins yesterday, so that brings me to -46 for the week.

I'll adjust my signature ( I think my YTD is now -16) Maybe if I spend ALOT of time crocheting this week I can break even!:no

I've been MIA from this CAL for the past two weeks due to being sick and then just being so busy that I didn't get any crocheting done. But I'm back this week and unfortunately, starting out in the negative. I bought 7 skeins of yarn yesterday. The good news is that I purchased the yarn to make something for my Secret Pal, so there should be a quick turn around time on getting the points added back. And I'm still working on other projects, so hopefully we can get back to the positives before we have to post our weekly scores on Saturday. :yes

Well I used up another skein last night on my shawl!

What's been frustrating me is all the stipes in my ripple-along....I started with full skeins with this afghan, and because there's so many colours, and i'm only doing 3 rows in each colour before changing colours, it's taking me forever to use any one particular skein. Good news, they've all only got a few more rows in them, so I'm going to have a fantastic point week soon, when I get to the end of a whole heap in one go! So far with my ripple I've only been counting the white yarn which I go through more of, because there's a white stripe between all the colours. So I'm hoping in the next month or so to use up approximately 30 skeins!

I used up 6 skeins and 6 partial skeins/balls today...so that's 18 more points....

I've started a 2 strand yuggly blanket for our queen sized bed today...2 strand for the weight (it gets COLD here in CT!!) and a huge bag of WW yarn next to the couch that I'm just reaching into and grabbing from as one yarn runs out..there is no rhyme or reason to what yarns are going in what order and the thing is going to take forever cause it's roughly 10 feet wide, but it will be warm and nice for next winter by the time I finish it...

When I pulled all the yarn for this blanket, I realized that the only yarn left in my stash is baby/sport weight yarn, Pound of Loves, Caron One Pounders, and a couple of wool skeins...and it ALL fits inside one box...and it fits well enough that if I had to I could shut the flaps and tape it shut (like for moving) without trouble...yeah, I'd say I've done really well busting my stash in the last month!!

We've got DH's annual bonus coming up this weekend, and I told him the level my stash is at...and that I'd need more yarn soon...and he (sweetheart that he is!!) offered to come along to steer the second shopping cart cause he knows that I need to restock that much :manyheart Yeah, I'll keep him!! So, I'm thinking that all my weekly points and all my YTD points are going to be blown out of the water this weekend, but I'm so totally okay with that!! For the first time ever I'm going to have the ability to buy whatever I want to, as much as I want to, and not have to worry about money or anything else...it'll be nice and I'm sure I'll get a shopping high that will last for weeks LOL!!!

Jessie

Wow! I have been gone for like two days and 6 post pages! Had lots of sporting events this weekend, so I had time to crochet, no time to post.

I used up only one skein on 3-strand ghan. So one point for that. I am busily working on some preemie ghans for the charity blitz. However I have come to realize that I have NO ability WHATSOEVER to 'eye' up 12" in size....my 12" eyed up blanket is really 10". Buggers!

AND no yarn balls used up on those, so noooo points!! My lowest weekly start to date!

*sigh*

biz

I used up 2 balls on Sunday and 3 balls today. Double strand charityghans really make the time fly!! So, that's five points to me!!! I may actually see a positive ytd after this week! (Although I doubt it because I have a huge project I need to get yarn for and it'll probably somewhere around 24 balls when I get it wound into cakes)

Jessie, I have to say I am extremely jealous of your unlimited yarn purchase capability!!!! Although, I will say you deserve it with the really awesome ghan you're making. The randomly colored ghans are always my favoriet for some reason.

rlanto...When I told DH that this yugly afghan will be big enough for our bed he said GREAT!! I said 'even though it's yugly??' and he said YUP!!! So I know it will actually get used once I finish it :clap...I'm really having fun seeing how the different yarns are pairing up...like I started with a pastel varigated and a dark purple varigated and was sure it would make my eyes bleed...but it actually looks okay...I know that I'm going to be working on this for a while since it's so big...I might even have to let it sit as an UFO if I use up all this yarn and it's not long enough....

But to be honest, it won't be totally unlimited shopping...we've got some car repairs to take care of and DH is getting himself a professional grade digital camera (his new fixation), so I'm getting a big chunk of what's left for my yarn...but considering I usually walk into AC Moore knowing I've got $10-$20 to spend on yarn, the prospect of having $100+ to play with is going to be fun!! I actually drempt of yarn shopping last night LOL!!

Jessie

Well I made a trip to Michael's yesterday and have plummetted into the negatives once again.

I am now at -8 for the week......now I must make myself some of these projects before starting on new ones!! But the yarn tempation is too great!!

Well, I'm back to zero! Yay! I used up a couple partials of Jiffy and another full skein of it. I decided I'm making a granny blanket out of it. Still plugging along on the stripey but am using bigger partials and not using them up as quick as the smaller ones. Almost done with the preemie stuff, and my comfortghan squares are alomost done, but they didn't use up much yran as they are 3 color squares.

But, as long as I keep in the positive each week, I'll be SOOOO happy!

oh boy where to begin! 2 black balls done! 1 cornmeal done, 1 white done,(for my Cassablanca) 2 burgandy, 1 brown ( for my woven blocks ghan) and about 6 balls ( for my 3 strand) done.

so that = about 20 so far this week woot!! I'm on a roll!!!!!

::ahem::

-111 to add today, or subtract rather :blush

The ummm baby yarn I bought came in (50 skeins of Baby Clouds) & 60 lbs. of Chenille (15 spools) :eek But I did use 19 more partials.

Do I still count 1 spool that weighs 6 lbs as 2 points? Gee I HOPE so :rofl

I really wish I could use it faster than I can find a good deal, but without the washer working (STILL!) :angry It's hard to keep making things to gift since I will NOT send 'em until I can wash 'em. If there is a Washing Machine Fairy, please let them hear my plea!! :D

Krystal,

I hope I didn't get bumped from your list. I was out of town this weekend. I left on Friday and totally forgot to post. I can't remember if I posted last week or not. I know I was keeping my wtd total in my sig. But not sure if I officially posted or not.

LL

Nght, one skein is one skein - it might only cost 2 points to get it, but it's gonna take a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to use up that 6 pound skein! LOL!

I'm plugging along on my blue star, so no points progress. It's looking good, though! I'll be at a point hopefully by Friday for a picture... :D

LauraLee - nope, you didn't get bumped! Even if you had, you could still jump right back in. It's just that my list got so long, I had to keep scrolling, and a lot of the people there had multiple blanks. So, I just removed them from my chart, they can come back at any time...

Ok, I went into my local Ollie's Bargain Outlet, and they had Lion Brand Fancy Fur for $0.99!!!!! Well, I put 20 skeins in my cart.... so I acquired them, but then I put them back oin the shelf.... so I gave them away, plus the added will power of ACTUALLY LEAVING WITHOUT IT!!!! I think I should be credited the 40 pts just for the strength it took!!! :lol

ok, i know I can't do that, but hey, it took ALL I HAD to not buy that yarn!!

Archived