STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Everyone did so good this week (except a few of us - myself included!).

I'll be reporting next week, aside from my -20 score for the yarn I got shipped to me this week!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just finished a skein , I Just finished a skein, I just finished a skein ...

...BECAUSE YOU'RE REALLY SMART!! :yes

We're a Blues Clues kinda family too!!

I ended up in swatching mania today...

I blogged the whole process just now, I need honest opinions about which sweater to make for my 5yo dd for this wedding.

You can tell which way I'm leaning in

this post, but I'm open to alternate opinions!

Tonight it's back to dh's vest, since I've had to put aside the sweater!

Ginny - I looked at them all, and I didn't look at your choices at all. My opinion - Dainty Cardigan, though I"m not sure what's going on with those sleeves... The cuff is too baggy for my liking. I DO like how it's open instead of fitted, and that works really well with little girls' dresses that tend to be poofy on the bottom. Plus you'll see some of the bodice that way.

My second runner up is the Spring Flowers, because overall it fits nicely and has a really adorable pattern to it.

Now I just went to read your choice. ABSOLUTELY you must put the cute flower buttons on there, but the flowers on the shoulder are a bit much. If your daughter has long hair, it will get tangled in it anyway.

Congratulations to all the winners! I didn't get to post last week cause of work commitments but I have reset my weekly score and updated my yearly one. Off to try and improve my score abit. LOL

I'm so excited. I'm sitting on 4 points already this week! I've been so strong and not bought anything, and I'm actually using up my stash!

I've used 2 skeins this week, one full on my ripple, and a full on in a wrap I'm making (which I hope to finish this week, and it has 5 more skeins to use).

My goal is to stay positive all week!

I made 2 stitch marker cases and still couldn't use up the 2 balls I used. :think I'm starting to feel frustrated :bang:D and I need to buy yarn this week will I ever get any points this week. :thair Ok I'm done I'll try again tomorrow.:hook

Way to go this past week ladies... if it weren't for those actually using stash we'd all be in trouble! :lol

I will gladly share the *Moon* title with Crystal if she likes, cuz I have a feeling that there will be yarn coming my way this week & I might hafta go it alone :blush There is a box waiting for me at the post office, I think I'll run down & get it while hubby's not here, that's why I didn't pick it up the other day when they were open :2blush

On a better note, I have used up some more on DD's Uglyghan, will count it up & take pix a lit'l later.

Well, in addition to my stripey blanket I got the preemie bug...lol... and am making hats and blankets to take to a local hospital. So far I have 1 1/2 sets and still have not used up a skein of yarn!! I'm hoping finishing off the blanket for the second one will get me closer and then maybe I can make booties or more hats to use up the rest. Seems like a skein can go on FOREVER when you're trying to "earn points"! :yarn

Is anyone else frogging old ufo's while we're at this?? I have been because most of them were started in my early on ignorance of crochet and were dropped out of sheer frustration...lol. Now I have a better idea of what I like to make and what I'm good at and lots of this stuff I will never even attempt to finish. :frog

Ok, back to my hooks and stash! :hook

I finally snapped a pic of the fur I bought last week & the progress so far on DD's Uglyghan :lol

Fur

My 30 skeins, mostly Fun Fur, 1 Moda Dea Aerie, 3 Bernat Disco & 1 Patons Allure... hey they cost $25 for the lot, who would pass that up??:D

And the Uglyghan...

Ugly

DD is holding it up for me, it's folded in half... it's getting quite heavy too!

It measures about 75" wide by 38", so far.

Oh yeah, and 15 more partials used since last count, yay me! LOL

yippee skippy, I've polished off a skein of white working on a round ripple (didn't think the skein would ever end), and also polished off a skein of navy blue edging and joining squares for a comfortghan, so there is another 4 pts total. Woot, great week so far!

Archived