STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Started on a 2 strand *****-ghan after work today to try & redeem myself, at least partially. So far so good, I think. I've used 10 partials so far & have MANY more to go :lol Hopefully I'll grab some pix tomorrow.

Good thing tho, DD has already claimed the *****-ghan as hers... and hubby has the *nerve* to say, "Hey, I really like that hook you're using, you can use 2 colors of yarn... and use up more at one time"... surely I don't know what he means by that! :devil

Can't wait to see what everyone else tallies in at! :)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another slow week, but I used 3 skeins of boucle, working on scarves. 6 + 8 from last Sunday = 14. MINUS the 6 skeins I bought last night @ Ocean State my net score for the week is +2. At least it's positive & I'll keep hooking tonight & tomorrow. Oooh & Monday is a holiday, more hook time for me:cheer

Well I did better this week than in the past, I think I am just in under the wire

My weeks total is 12

I have been working on charity blitz for Feb. I am on the last blanket

Next month is the scarfs, mittens and hats

I have a head start on that, I should be able to do some bustin

Here's my score only 2 points for this week. But next week I'm going to

get out of the negatives since I'm going to be gifting some of my yarn

in some swaps:yay :hook YTD ~ -11 AND WTD~2 :yes

I went back a few days, and picked out some points by people who weren't able to post.

The weekly stashbusting awards are:

GOLD MEDAL: jessc031778 (63)

SILVER MEDAL: bizzyboppers (49)

BRONZE MEDAL: JimmieLu (28) AND amalin06 (28)

SHOOT THE MOON AWARD: Nght (-31) *not so bad!

We had a total of 43 people posting this week, and scored a total of 222 points!

A few things to mention:

There have been a few people who have CONSISTENTLY stayed above zero every week (though not many :lol):

bizzyboppers

crafterjackie

Ellie_13

flyinghooks

JenC

jessc031778

JimmieLu

KellyA

kellyrox

Nutsaboutcrochet

SDmom

tezen

ALSO: If you don't post for 2 weeks in a row, I will be deleting you from my list. That doesn't mean you can't come back in later, though!

Congratulations to everyone! We've made it into the black again! :cheer

A little bit of business here:

NOW that I've posted the awards, please reset your weekly score back to "0", and tally up your YTD score to include everything up until now.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE make your "STASHBUSTING SCORE: XX (YTD: ) easy for me to figure out. A couple people are adding things "+ + +" and I'm not quite sure what's the total, what's YTD, etc." You can keep the "+" in there, but make the WTD total so easy that a caveman can read it.. ;) Thanks so much!

Since posting my weekly score I've finished 2 more skeins of boucle. Gotta love the extra bulky yarn & a BIG hook. I'm going to hunt for more yarn that works up this quickly.:)

A few things to mention:

There have been a few people who have CONSISTENTLY stayed above zero every week (though not many :lol):

JenC

:blush Ummm, I guess now's not the time to mention that a friend and I are going shopping tomorrow!:blush

Sorry, with working on Saturdays and the time change, I couldn't post by the eastern time cut off. I actually wound up minus for the week, since I attended my Project Linus chapter's Make a Blanket Day. I picked up a kit to crochet a blanket there, and it had 4 skeins, so my +2 for the week turned into a -6. Sorry I'm messing up the totals you already tallied for the week, Krystal.

Two weeks in the red in a row--go, me! :P patty

ooh, I didn't mean to sound PICKY, it's just there were a couple I couldn't figure out and I wanted to give people the right credit!

I finished that little ball of white that I was working on with my Blue Star! So I get to start off the week with a point already!

We did great this week!! Go us!!

I have to share this, cause I'm very proud of myself...I was out last night with a girlfriend of mine...and she's a crafter too, so of course we wound up in AC Moore...and we walked through the whole store and we were in the yarn section for a while cause she was picking some yarn out...and I touched, but I did not put ANY of the yarn in my basket...and she asked me if I was not buying yarn to avoid the loss of points LOL!! But I made it out of the store without ANY yarn or hooks or patterns even!!

I'm off to eat breakfast and then it's back to the hooks!! DH is pointing out to me that if I keep going this way, I'm going to run out of stash and then I'll just blow all my YTD points by buying a new stash...but I'm okay with that!! :D

Jessie

3 weeks in the black - I guess that's worth something:D

Now if I could just increase my productivity.... I have so many WIPs going

My dh sweater is on hold, as I wait for the designer to get back to me about a pattern problem...:eek

So I started a vest for him - 6 days til his bday :eek

But I'm still working on my CAL vintage motif sweater :yes

and I started swatching for a sweater for my 5yo dd for a wedding... :think

Why can't i finish any skeins?!?!?

I know I'm WAY late to report my totals, but doing for the sake of it. I got 18 points for using yarn, BUT! I went yarn shopping on Friday, and bought 26 skeins. Sooooo My total for the week is -34. I'll be on the plus side next week!!!:blush

We did great this week!! Go us!!

I have to share this, cause I'm very proud of myself...I was out last night with a girlfriend of mine...and she's a crafter too, so of course we wound up in AC Moore...and we walked through the whole store and we were in the yarn section for a while cause she was picking some yarn out...and I touched, but I did not put ANY of the yarn in my basket...and she asked me if I was not buying yarn to avoid the loss of points LOL!! But I made it out of the store without ANY yarn or hooks or patterns even!!

I went into my LYS friday night to pick up my newest Brittany hook (they had ordered me a G/7 4.5mm hook)... there was sign on the door saying Dale of Norway was 15% off and the sale loft was 25% off. I never left the front register. I paid for my hook and left to meet dh & kids for dinner.

:think Why can't I have this much willpower when it comes to chocolate?

Archived