a red horse for my daugther

woolcat

I found this pattern and wanted to try it! My daugther loves horses and so I made it for her, she wanted it red-white:

Thesa are the different pieces

UAKEVOD2.jpg

and here it is ready:

tE67W7KW.jpg

aJnDghc3.jpg

(all pics clickable)

Here you can find the pattern:

http://www.allfreecrafts.com/crochet/horse.shtml

Tail, Main and Forelock I knotted, so that my daughter can play with the horse, not loosing the threads.:)

And now I am curious, what you think about it!:)

Wow, you are all so fast in answering! Thank you very much!:manyheart

I forgot the size: its standing 10,6 inch long and 7,8 inch long. I hope thats right, in cm it has 27 x 20. Thats the biggest animal I crocheted until now, usually I make little teddys.;)

that is a real toy!! how cute, she will insit on taking it everywhere i bet!

And how she insists!!! The morning I gave it to her, she took it with her to school, then to her grandmother, the hors must be in bed with her......:D

Today she asked me to make another one with a smaller hook, because her horse want to be mother and needs a foal!

Ok, so once again!:hook

Thank you for all your comments! I am glad, that you like it and that some of you want also to try this pattern!:hug

my daughter who also loves horeses has been after me to crochet her a horse for months now, i have a couple of differnt patterns that i found online but just have not wanted to do it because it seems like such a big project(i hate sewing all the piece together). of course once i make hers i'll have to do one for all her horse friends, there is a group of them! your red horse is adorable, i might just have to try hers in purple. how did you knot the mane?

Thank you all once again for your commendation!! :)

@kkms: I knoted the mane like it is shown here:

http://www.woolneedlework.com/latch_hook/how_to_latch_hook_instructions.htm

I dont know the right words in englisch, so I searched for pictures.;) It lasts a while to knot thread by thread in the crotched stitches, but it keeps better, when the kids are playing with the horse.:)

I am sure, that purple will be a wonderful color for the horse, it will look like one of the "my little ponys".:clap

edit: thanks google!! I found it, its a latch hook! Just one day on this board, and I learnd some new words - great!! :)

Love it! Your horse is more beautiful than the pics in the pattern! What an incredible job you did in making it!

And thanks for the link to that site. Didn't have that one bookmarked.

Archived