Uncommon Threads Jan 19

I'm disappointed in today's show.

We barely got to see Pam, Drew, and Amie. It was mostly Allison and her saddlebag seat cover. Personally I didn't like it. While I get it fit into the 'theme' it shoud have been done on a sewing episode not this crochet one.

On the other hand you all looked great and it was nice to see you!

I agree - I turned on my tv only a couple of minutes after the show had started only to find that the hat was almost finished! Since Amie, Pam and Drew could still be seen during the seat cover demonstration, I thought they were going to show off another crochet project afterwards but they didn't... The 3 of them did an excellent job on the show though! :clap

We actually didn't know about the sewing portion of the show (until really close to taping time) and Amie had a project cut from this episode. We were all kinda bummed too, but hey, at least we've gotten that far.

Drew is total eye candy, isn't he??!! He is fun too.

Just wait to see the other episodes when Amie does some fantastic work and Drew wows us too.

I actually saw the show today I usually don't watch because the projects are just so simple and plain to me JMO so please don't throw things at me :lol

It was nice seeing some people I'd actually heard of and even posted to ;) Yet I was very confused as to why the guests weren't more involved I thought that both projects were cool but I don't understand why have crocheters on when the host was sewing somthing most of the show :think

Anyway to Amy,Drew & Pam great job :cheer

Pam, Amie and Drew were great! :applause

But I was very disappointed in the show as a whole. About 8 min of crochet and 20 min of Saddle sewing. :sigh

I just don't understand inviting 3 very talented crocheters to the show and then not showcasing their work. If Allison Whitlock was in need of some extra air time they should have done a show without guests

Drew, I hate to say it, but while you were great eye candy, you looked totally bored.

Pam I loved the Hat and the bag in seagrass.

Hi all,

As Pam stated, I had a crochet project that was cut from the show about 10 minutes before I was supposed to film it (no, really!). You can only imagine my disappointment when that happened because I spent the night before until 3am wrapping up the step-outs for the project. I also put a HUGE amount of time into making a chart for the project and extra hands-on materials for the demo. Moreover, the name of the show actually was derived from my project (which I can't tell you what it is because I've pitched it to a magazine but I'll say that it was a saddle of some kind). So when it was cut, I felt cut in half, really.

With Drew, we pitched to have him do a small project for the last segment but for some reason they wouldn't budge (but wouldn't tell us why). Obviously we now know they were wanting Allison to do something as her contract requires her to do 10 or so projects during the season. But what I don't understand is why they had her sew. She crochets! She can design her own stuff too. Why have sewing on a show where the guest don't sew?

Lastly, with the comment about being bored...((I was too. Shhh.). I haven't watched it yet (just got home), but I'm sure I had to have looked bored too. I'd be surprised if I didn't! I don't mean watching Pam. Watching Pam make that hat was fun. Watching someone sew something for two segements and trying to look...well, not bored is hard.

So while many were disappointed, I hope you'll still tune into the shows in March because those are all crochet and REALLY FABULOUS. I PROMISE. :yes

P.S. Feel free to email DIY at tell them your thoughts. If I wasn't on the show, that's what I would do. I think they need to hear how disjointed it all appeared.

EDITED TO ADD: For my complete thoughts on it, see my blog entry for day three. Scroll down past the first two pictures and pick up reading a couple paragraphs after that: http://nexblog.mycrochetblog.com/?p=91

I saw the show and like many of you I was so disappointed that they didn't

have more crochet projects,But I was happy to see Drew, Pam and Amie.

Congratulations for being on the show. And I hope we get to see more of

your wonderful talents:hug:hug:cheerI also was wondering about the saddle

seat project since it had nothing to do with crochet.

Lastly, with the comment about being bored...((I was too. Shhh.). I haven't watched it yet (just got home), but I'm sure I had to have looked bored too. I'd be surprised if I didn't! I don't mean watching Pam. Watching Pam make that hat was fun. Watching someone sew something for two segements and trying to look...well, not bored is hard.

So while many were disappointed, I hope you'll still tune into the shows in March because those are all crochet and REALLY FABULOUS. I PROMISE. :yes

P.S. Feel free to email DIY at tell them your thoughts. If I wasn't on the show, that's what I would do. I think they need to hear how disjointed it all appeared.

Yeah, all three of you seemed a bit bored after the crochet segment, Drew I think showing it the most... This was the first time I have ever tuned into watch Uncommon Threads and after watching this episode, I was thinking that I would not watch it ever again. I'll give it a second chance in March though, since you're promising that the shows are going to be great. :P I'll be emailing DIY with my thoughts as well...

You didn't hear it from me...

Let DIY know what you think

The show is Uncommon Threads - Episode #DUCT214

Be sure to include the episode # because it will make it much easier for them to know to what you are referring.

:bounce

Thank you,

I had already composed a letter telling them what I thought and felt but was searching for where to send it.

Really couldn't tell if the rest of you were bored. But because Drew was sitting just to the right of the camers he got more air play.

I must say I just died laughing when you asked about the grommets Amie (we know that was staged) and you Drew, getting to take your frustrations out with the hammer. I was yelling at the TV, "I bet that's not what you really want to do with that thing"

But, it was really great getting to see all of you.

(quote)Obviously we now know they were wanting Allison to do something as her contract requires her to do 10 or so projects during the season. But what I don't understand is why they had her sew. She crochets! She can design her own stuff too. Why have sewing on a show where the guest don't sew? (quote)

This is fine that they want her to do 10 projects during the season, but come on, why couldn't she sew on another one?

This is a community of over 10,000 members with over 5,000 active. We should be able to get some attention with those numbers.

Still like finally seeing how you all look. I will still be tuning in to see more of our members. I will have March open to see you guys again. Keep us posted.:hook

Just came back to say, My e-mail has been sent, and I do hope they listen.

The March dates are ALL CROCHET stuff, yes, so don't get disaffected towards the show (or us!) because if it was up to us, we would have been watching her crochet a seat cover, not sew one.

"Really couldn't tell if the rest of you were bored. But because Drew was sitting just to the right of the camers he got more air play. "

They did that because they put me next to Allison at the table when Pam was doing her thing. The cameras weren't going to get us all in there at the same time, and that's fine. I'd rather not be in the shot and have less pressure to smile and look interested. This is where the phrase, "I'm not an actress, but I play one on t.v." was born.

But poor Drew. He took the brunt of being in the camera's eye for TWO segments. And they were the longest two segments we shot the entire week because Allison had lots of problems with the sewing machine. She started and stopped so many times (no fault of her own).

Since I found out that Uncommon Threads was being broadcast on HGTV (since I don't get DIY) I've been taping every episode. Some I watch, others I just skip if they are doing a project in which I have no interest. So, I was sitting here quite late last night starting to watch the program and all of a sudden it's like... hey.. I 'know' these guys. I did like the hat demo, but my eyes really started to glaze over and I have to admit to fast forwarding most of the 'saddle'. Not only did it have nothing to do with crocheting, it was one of the dumbest projects I've seen.

Let DIY know what you think

Boy... did I!!! Thanks for the link.

Joan

Since I found out that Uncommon Threads was being broadcast on HGTV (since I don't get DIY) I've been taping every episode. Some I watch, others I just skip if they are doing a project in which I have no interest. So, I was sitting here quite late last night starting to watch the program and all of a sudden it's like... hey.. I 'know' these guys. I did like the hat demo, but my eyes really started to glaze over and I have to admit to fast forwarding most of the 'saddle'. Not only did it have nothing to do with crocheting, it was one of the dumbest projects I've seen.

Boy... did I!!! Thanks for the link.

Joan

I do the same Joan I tape Uncommon Thread on HGTV and DIY since I be at work don't get a chance to watch it like I want to. I was mad at the Friday show I thought I was going to see a lot of crocheting but, nope not like I thought I was but, oh well.

I sometimes wonder since DIY has a Knitting show why not make a Crocheting show also Uncommon Threads will show some crocheting here and there but, not like the Knitty Gritty show they show all Knitting would love to watch a Crochetville show LOL:)

I enjoyed watching the show and the girls were great.

I was impressed with Drew and was aware they had him in most

of the shots that the Host was in, while she did the Saddle thing. :P

At those times I mostly watch Drew and was amazed how the smile never left his face.:D

I would have like to see him demonstrate his crafting skills.

Drew “You the Man” lol :clap

I saw a different Uncommon Threads show than you folks did on the 19th, I wonder what happened.

Depends on which channel you were watching. DIY is currently showing reruns, HGTV is where the show we were discussing was aired.

Archived