WIP - Oxfam sweater for niece

Deb

One of my crochet goals for 2005 is to create articles of clothing that someone would actually wear. This does not include hats, or scarfs, or shawls, or ponchos ~ I've done those... I am talking about FITTED clothing. :))

So, I am starting out small. A while back, someone on this board suggested that someone try the oxfam sweater. I marked it, so that I could find it later. What a simple pattern! How cool that you can use ANY stitch to create a cute boatneck sweater! :thumbsup I give this pattern my highest rating. (if that means anything to anyone! :ha )

I'm just past halfway finished with a sweater for my baby niece's birthday. I am using Paton's Softee Baby yarn in Baby Pink Marls and an H hook. The stitch I am using is called the Woven Stitch (in the Crochet Bible top of page 66 ~ if you're looking).

I absolutely LOVE :heart how it's turning out. And I can just see my little sweetie wearing this sweater over a white mock turtleneck and blue jeans! :)h

Here's a picture:

rachelOXwip.jpg

And a close up ----

rachelOXwipCU.jpg

Dontcha just LOVE :heart the pink? (Even BETH will have to admit the pink is adorable! :wink )

thats looking absolutely gorgeous! i only have nephews, but i can see this working for boys if i use a "manly" color.

i've wanted to make a sweater, but i don't much like to knit and i haven't found a crochet pattern i like yet. this one looks like it might work for me.

can't wait to see the finished sweater!

kj

Thanks Marvie and Coralie! :)h I think I'll have enough yarn left to make a hat too!

Thank you LouLou. I can't wait to give it to her and see how she looks in it. :D!

Thank Rebecca and Julie! :)h

Rebecca ~ what pattern is it? I'm kind of IN THE MOOD for a challenge. Maybe I can work on it too... and we can help each other? :thinking1 (I'm serious about this!)

Archived