Butterfly wing shawl

HollyM

Holly,

Thanks so much for posting this pattern for us! I certainly didn't realize that I'd been wanting to make it since '05! Time sure flies by. Anyway, I'm on the very last rows of my 1st one in JoAnn's Rainbow Boucle' in (forgot the color name), but it's the one with white, shades of gray & black & it's just lovely. I should have some pics posted in the next few days.

I did take someone's advice & started with a I hook for a few row, then a J for awhile & mostly a K. It seemed to come out okay. I'm still getting an awfully skinny point, but from looking at your lovely pics, that is the way it's made. The idea I have for this one is to hang it above my bed. I'm collecting things to redo my bedroom & love to decorate with afghans & shawls that I've made. Wow! Would I love to make this in Noro... But I think my next one will be LB Homespun so it'll be really warm because I plan to wear that one.

Thanks again!:cheerAfter making this pattern, I still can't believe that it's just basically a one row repeat. It's amazing how lovely it comes out.:manyheart:hug:yay

Bev

Hi!

Here's a shawl I concocted on my own. I submitted it to the crochet calender Anyway, the first one is made with really yummy yarn. Trendsetter Dune, Noro Silk Garden and Noro Blossom.

My sister gave me the Dune for Christmas, something that is normally out of my price range I wanted something nice to go with it so got the Noros.

noroshawlbacksm.jpg

Here's a link to a stitch close up

And here's another one done in some cotton/acrylic boucle I got on Ebay

Green Shawl

I put the pattern under original patterns

Holly

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to figure out how to make one a bit wider, while still keeping the pretty stitch pattern. Maybe I'd start with a few more shells in the starting loop? Or possible add another increase on each side of the point? I'm open to suggestions, I might have to get out my cheap tester yarn and play around with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived