A few questions...

heart

Question

Ok, when the question says, What should your credit read? What do you answer? Just your name, info about your pattern/project??

Also, how long does it take to receive a decision? Basically, how long should you wait to hear a response, any response, before you call? Or would you call? Help:think :blush Please? :hook Thank you!:manyheart

5 answers to this question

It depends on what you are doing with your project. If you are donating it to charity, it is usually a card with your name and where you are from on it and perhaps the name of the organization you belong to that is working on the charity project.

If your item is going to a fair, you would have to go by the rules of that contest/fair. you would probably have to put your name on it, what the item is, and the name of the pattern you used while making it. Just a nice general description of the piece you created; colors, hook, yarn type and all that other good stuff.

You know the fair is a great idea...hmmm...(this summer hopefully!) Thanks!

I submitted a couple things to Pattern A Day 2008.

For Pattern a Day, I think they just want what you want your credit to read.Under the name of the pattern on the first page (check yout your current one)..ie your name, or your handle if you prefer to use something besides your name for your designs. And of course that website part,,,they put that in too of course, if you have one. (I didn't)

hope that helps. Turn around time for me was just a few weeks, but I submitted in late Nov, so that might affect it.

I submitted one too... Best of luck to you.

I actually e-mailed them because I never got a confirmation... You may want to double check with them as well to make sure they received your pattern sand that they are in the competition...

I considered my "credit" meaning how I wanted to be acknowledged... Some may want their "Company" name... ie Annie's Attic Inc... One knitter whose blog I frequently read is always under the name "GRUMPERINA" whenever she submits a design... She is one clever gal and has quite a few wonderful knitting patterns for free listed on her blog... http://www.grumperina.com

Archived