What is your favourite TV show to sit and Crochet in front of?

Chanti

Lately I've been crocheting with old episodes of Big Wolf on Campus. Also, I have these video courses through college, so I usually break out the yarn if I don't have to take notes on those. I get a lot done then because each video is half an hour and I do maybe 7 a week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

usually it is Midsomer murders, right now though it is Robin Hood on BBC. otherwise I'm usually watching documentaries on the history channel or on a&e, or the biography channel

I'll crochet in front of the TV if my husband is watching something. Otherwise, I prefer to put an audible book on my pda and "read" a juicy bestseller while I crochet. I mostly crochet wearables and ...say...a top- can be completed in the time it takes me to listen to a book so the item always reminds me of a certain book when I wear it.

After work I come home and turn on REBA or STILL STANDING (on lifetime). I sit down and unwind by crocheting.... Also when my husband watches his motorcycle racing, which is completly boring to me, I just crochet! That way we can both be in the living room together :manyheart

But I would agree and say that most of the time I am crocheting during all shows. I just have to look up and pay attention when something sounds important, or interesting.:D

Am I the only one who can't watch tv and crochet at the same time? I can't keep my count and I lose my place or I end up doing something wrong and have to frog. I can chew gum and walk at the same time though. :lol

This is a great thread. I was just out to a movie with my SO - and I started fidgeting right away - he nudged me and mentioned something about needing to find a discreet project to take with me to movie theaters. I cannot STAND just sitting and watching tv or a movie. I have to be doing something, and that something is usually crocheting.

As far as TV shows go - i'm a big fan of Big Love, Dog: The Bounty Hunter, MadTV, SNL.

But, I mainly just watch movies when Im' infront of the TV. When soeone asks me how long a project took, I think back to how many movies I got through.

"Ok, that was Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, House of D, Cars, Spiderman 2, Moll Flanders, Usual Suspects, 8MM, and a few tv shows." :lol

The Andy Griffith Show? Flipper? I'm really not sure. I like the lassie movies too. And a really obscure disney movie from the 70s called 'Island on the Top of the World'. I'm still amazed that they managed to get a good movie from the awful book it was based on.

I love to crochet while watching CSI, CSI: NY, Without a Trace, Heroes, House, Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations, Supernatural, Law & Order, L&O: SVU, Numb3rs, Cold Case, Midsomer Murders etc.

Come to think of it, that's almost a complete list of all the shows I watch. :D

• 2 weeks later...

During baseball games or Baseball Tonight (ESPN). You see, my husband is from Red Sox Nation and even prior to our wedding, I was adopted into the Nation. He's much more into the games but I like to watch them with him. It's 3 hours of husband and crochet time rolled into one! :D

I'm not too much into T.V. anymore, but you'll usually find me with a hook and yarn when I'm watching.

Now, with the American Idol season over, I watch a lot of Fox News. DH likes Discovery and the History Channel, so I'll crochet to that also.

When the football season starts up again in the Fall, I'll do a lot then. However if my beloved Cincinnati Bengals are caught up in a close game, then I can't crochet. I'm too nervous.

• 3 weeks later...

Almost anything. But when watching movies I don't already know I tend to stop crocheting.

I like CSI and CSI:Miami, The Closer, House, Monk and Boston Legal.

we don't have cable, so we're automatically limited. (Yay!) But now I have two...America's got Talent, and American inventor. For now at least. DH likes hockey and football, when we can get it, so I'll crochet to that (get more done then than when I watch Talent or Inventor :lol) We also like to watch the British comedy we can pick up on PBS Sat evenings...Keeping Up Appearances is a hoot! When my two end this fall, I don't know that I'll stitch to TV(except sports when DH watches) but maybe more to books on CD.

ttyl

Every Sat night our PBS station plays the "brit coms". Keeping Up Appearances, Are You Beeing Served and As Time Goes By. I love to listen to The Praire Home Companion on the radio while crocheting. There's usually a cat on my lap. Geez, I sound OLD!

I love to crochet while watching just about any CSI, Law and Order, or NCIS episode....my new favorite is THE CLOSER. Great show if you haven't seen it yet...

Every Sat night our PBS station plays the "brit coms". Keeping Up Appearances, Are You Beeing Served and As Time Goes By. I love to listen to The Praire Home Companion on the radio while crocheting. There's usually a cat on my lap. Geez, I sound OLD!

Those are all good programs. I enjoy that sort of thing too. You have to have a quirky sense of humor (by american standards, I guess!)

Mythbusters is a definite because you can listen and still know what is going on. I like to work on boring items that need my attention while watching tv so shows that I do not have to look at are awesome.

I guess a Red Sox game is good because I am not really into it. But when football season comes around there will be no crocheting during games. GO PATS!

Nascar! I am not a huge, huge fan but I have my favorites. My husby enjoys it & so to spend time together we will catch a Sunday race - he watches, I crochet. He works nights & the weekends are our only down time together.

I love Greys Anatomy, but my hands are usually still & my eyes glued to the tv set for that one!

Archived