What is your favourite TV show to sit and Crochet in front of?

Chanti

My favorite TV show right now to crochet to is "American Idol." Sometimes I'll only crochet during the commercials. When that happens, I don't get much crocheting done. lol.

I also like to crochet during that show "Food Challenge" on the Food network. Plus, I like to watch Court TV quite a bit. The most frequent shows I watch on that channel are "Forensic Files" and "Body of Evidence." Sometimes I'll watch reality shows on VH1.

However, sometimes I feel like I do better crocheting in a Starbucks or Barnes & Noble with my MP3 player...or just spy on other people's conversations. lol.

Aimee

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Midsomer Murders, Holby City, American Idol, Desparate Housewives and Life on Mars. Do I really have time to run a house and work full time????

• 2 weeks later...

Well today I was crocheting to Stargate:Atlantis season 2 on DVD. I listen to all the commentaries and crochet. The Stargates have the best commentaries. I like to correct papers to the 6 hour Pride and Prejudice - watch at least once a month - Colin Firth as Darcy. I love the new PandP, but BORING commentary. I have all the Buffy's, Firefly, Roswell, a couple of Xena's, first season on Angel, Stargates, Atlantis, Battlestar Galatica, another good commentary. Can ya' tell I am partial to scifi/fantasy shows. But I will also watch the marathons of Law and Order, or CSI's like those too

Mine used to be football, since I don't understand it and don't care, I can crochet and keep DH happy by having me close. But really any show. If I am sitting in front of the TV I am crocheting. In fact, last night, my desktop computer (it is dial up) was running so slow, I was crocheting while I would wait for it to load...DH about died laughing.....

The Food Network. In my other crafty/creative life, I love to cook and bake!

However, in reality...I have two 2 y/o...so it is most likely Disney, Nick Jr. or a Veggie Tales DVD.:shrug

I crochet pretty much any time I decide to watch TV. Somehow, watching TV when I crochet helps me finish my projects faster.

My favorite things to watch while crocheting are Project Runway, anything on Food Network, The Office, Scrubs, 30 Rock, My Name is Earl, Ugly Betty, any movie starring Audrey Hepburn, What Not to Wear, American Idol...I could be here for a while if I list everything I like watching when I crochet.

i like to crochet during shows that are reruns, or things with a lot of commercials.. like survivor and american idol! or ones where you can follow just by listening like "are you smarter than a 5th grader" or movies that i've seen before! Really I crochet during just about everything:D

• 4 weeks later...

I will crochet through pretty much any show. Some of my favorites are EastEnders, House, Bones, and Dead Ringers (some of these won't be familiar to US folks 'cuz they're British). I'll crochet through movies such as Gone With the Wind (don't do that often as it's long and I'm usually not alone long enough to watch it), The Green Mile, Keeping Mum and stuff like that. If there's a bit that grabs my attention or it's a bit I like I'll stop long enough to see what's up and then it's eyes down again.

desperate housewives and food network....pretty much anything. my bf like me to sit with him and watch horror movies, and i dont like them, so i work on things that are a little more complex during those.

I do most of my crocheting in the evening time. I like to watch Ghost Whisperer, Bones, Raines, CSI:Las Vegas, the Law and Order shows, sometimes Ugly Betty, Extreme Home Makeover, Crossing Jordan, Gray's Anatomy, Cold Case, I'm sure there are other's that I have left out. Sometime's the story line of the show will really get my attention and I don't get much crocheting done.

Archived