What is your favourite TV show to sit and Crochet in front of?

Chanti

I love CSI, NCIS, Midsomer Murders and Pride and Predjudice(have the DVD 6 hour set)

I like having on shows that i have seen before or where i know the characters, that way if i am trying to figure out a pattern or am just looking at my hands i can still follow along with the show. If it is something new i tend to have yarn and hook unmoving in my hands while I watch the box lol.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like most of the Hallmark network shows: Mystery Woman and McBride plus any of the movies they run. Also love Monk and The Cosby Show, Frasier, Diagnosis Murder, Perry Mason, and Matlock.

I pretty much crochet every evening, in front of everything I watch. And since Hubby is mostly playing his computer games, after 7 p.m., I watch what *I* wanna watch! :lol

I like to crochet while watching the crafty shows on DIY network. Especially Uncommon Threads, since they have a good amount of episodes about crochet. I always feel more creative and inspired after watching those.

Reruns of my favourite sci-fi shows are also pretty common.

Well with two children, I often crochet while watching them watch cartoons or child-friendly movies.

My favorite show is Grey's Anatomy (I have seasons 1 & 2) so I LOVE crocheting while watching them. I think I will need to replace both box sets soon; they are getting worn out. :lol I like to crochet while watching SG1 and SGA. I love the Stargate shows, but the stories moves so fast that it is hard for me to crochet and watch at the same time. :lol

CSI during the week... football when dh is home on the weekends... unless its basketball season :P AND... this might shock everyone but...um... almost ashamed to say... but um....

....I'm a Dog the Bounty Hunter nut...

....there, confession IS good for the soul

lets see, when we have the TV downstairs, I will crochet all day while the kids watch PBS....which brings me to say the TV is usually upstairs (where hubby sleeps during the day) so that I'm not tempted to let Barney Babysit for extended periods of time :lol

When the TV is upstairs I crochet while outside having the kids run around, and on the "couch" while they play with their toys either in the living room or their bedrooms.

Then they go to bed, and I either have the TV on to whatever is good that night, or to StarGate Atlantis season 1 (on DVD), or my FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE SMALLVILLE. We have all 5 seasons on DVD so I have a wide selection to choose from there. Love crocheting with that in the background. Having visions in my head, of graphing a cast photo, and doing a wonderful work of crochet art in all single crochet over 6 ft long, and Lord knows how high of the entire cast in tapestry crochet..... oh, the dreams we dream.....

If I really want to get some crocheting done, I put CNN on. It's great for background noise and there's little I need to watch. Still, no matter what's on TV, I've got a hook in my hand.

Brae

My hubby and I don't own a TV (a fabulous decision we made when getting married!), but we do watch DVD's occasionally...and if I will crochet while watching any of them! We also listen to alot of radio/podcasts in the evening, and I find I listen alot better when I'm working with my hands!

I'll crochet infront of just about anything. I am more often than not watching TV though. We've only had cable the last 6 months and for the previous 2 years we could only get about 6 channels total. I've never been a TV freak so no big deal. I also can't stick to a TV series more than 2 or 3 years without wandering away, no matter how good it is. So for me, if the TV is on while I crochet, it's probably a movie or anime (unless I'm on the road and then it's Discovery Channel or Animal Planet or History Channel... brain fun stuff...)

I will crochet during just about any program except csi. Love that show and don't want to miss any details. I would have to say " House" is my other favorite.

My vote goes to West Wing reruns. It's a very verbal show with little action, so I can keep up without looking. Unfortunately, I can't find the reruns anymore. Andy Griffith or M*A*S*H are my other top choices. Anything but reality TV. :yay

susan

Archived