... so shall ye rip

Katy

Sitting in the car place waiting for 40,000 miloe service I got out a doily I started sometime ago and decided to take up and finish for someone I knew who just got married (It has gold thread love knots in it and will match a greek perfume bottle with a gold heart in it.). I started row 21 and when it wouldn't work out, found my mistake back on row 7. So I started ripping. The lady sitting next to me noticed and I told her what my friend who helped me when I first got a sewing machine and was upset at ripping out said, "ripping is just part of sewing". The lady next to me had a better one, said her grandmother used to say: "as ye sew, so shall ye rip". I love that! and thought maybe someone here hadn't heard it and would like it.

Glad people liked the "Rip" quote. It is very nice to have people to share stuff like that with. I came home and told my husband, and as usually when I tell him crochet stuff he dutifully listens, but of course doesn't really enjoy it like someone who sews. No, don't live on a choo choo, but have moved a really lot. I used to say that I moved when the oven got dirty.

Archived