andiM

:yes The sewing expo at the IX center is offering knitting and crochet

classes. The show will be March 29, 30 & 31, 2007. Thursday, Friday

and Saturday. see http://www.sewingexpo.com or call 800-699-6309

Lily Chin and Annie Modesitt's workshops as well as beginner knitting

and crochet will be offered, registration begins January 26th. shop for

yarn, too! :yarn

To volunteer in the knitting center to knit and crochet for The

Beanie Brigade, contact heidi@sewingexpo. com, insert volunteer-Cleveland in the subject line. :hook

Oh goody! Andi, I hadn't heard of this before. I am going to go. Have you been? I signed up for the advanced mailed brochure. I couldn't find classes for Cleveland listed yet, so will check back. I may even have to take a vacation day to go on Thursday or Friday - probably Friday - that way I have a long weekend. Need to start saving that spending money now - lol! Thanks for the information.

No I have never been to it. I ran across it this year from the other local SnB group in Akron. The email was forwarded to me from there.

I agree, sounds like fun. :hook

I have been to this show a couple of times. It must be expanding, because when I went, I was lucky to find one yarn vendor, and there were no classes. Plan to get there early, because it will be very crowded in the afternoon. Mostly it was fabric, notions, and machines.

Terry :heart

• 2 months later...

Just got back from a couple of hours at this show. If you are going for the knitting and crocheting, forget it. The sewing and quilting are great - lots of fabric, machines, etc.

I found maybe 2-3 knitting booths and they were crowded, but nothing I really wanted. I found nothing related to crocheting (other than yarn in the knitting booths) - no hooks, nothing.

I did not see one booth of any kind giving any "freebies" away.

The notions booths had a lot of nice stuff, but over priced. I did get three pairs of reading glasses in the tube - they were pretty inexpensive. I also got a fat quarter of material to use to line a crochet tote bag I want to make.

So, all in all, I won't go again unless they really expand the knitting and crocheting section.

$8.00 to park and $10.00 to get in.

Just got back from a couple of hours at this show. If you are going for the knitting and crocheting, forget it. The sewing and quilting are great - lots of fabric, machines, etc.

I found maybe 2-3 knitting booths and they were crowded, but nothing I really wanted. I found nothing related to crocheting (other than yarn in the knitting booths) - no hooks, nothing.

I did not see one booth of any kind giving any "freebies" away.

The notions booths had a lot of nice stuff, but over priced. I did get three pairs of reading glasses in the tube - they were pretty inexpensive. I also got a fat quarter of material to use to line a crochet tote bag I want to make.

So, all in all, I won't go again unless they really expand the knitting and crocheting section.

$8.00 to park and $10.00 to get in.

Awh, that's too bad. The way the yahoo groups played it up it sounded like it was fun... did you get to see Lily Chin or the others ?

I'm on my way up to see Yarn Harlot at Legacy Village today. She's debuting her new book.

Are you going to Knitter's Fantasy in April ?

I'd like to know about Knitter's Fantasy, too. At the I-X Center, weren't they supposed to have areas where you could knit or crochet for charity? I (obviously) didn't go--had to get taxes done. Ugh.

I'd like to know about Knitter's Fantasy, too. At the I-X Center, weren't they supposed to have areas where you could knit or crochet for charity? I (obviously) didn't go--had to get taxes done. Ugh.

The Knitter's Fantasy is coming up on Saturday, April 14th. Click on the link below then go up to the top of the screen and find "Knitters Fantasy" click there and it will take you right to the info.

http://www.northcoastknitting.org/

Archived