Addicted to Fat Bottom Bags- My 2nd One!

yarndiva

Here is another one that I just finished last night:

picture111jo4.th.jpg

I used 2 strands of mercerized cabled cotton in WW and an H hook (yes, I do crochet tight). The yarn was in a cone and it was faded on the top and sides, so to make a tweedy affect I took the inner and outer strands and crocheted them together.

It's kinda heavy, but if my friend wants another one, at least I have an extra bag to give away or to sell to someone else!

I am making yet another one in a dark denim cotton that I won on eBay last year.

Hope to finish that one soon!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks JoAnn!

I have 2 more cones of this color and a light periwinkle one.

I have decided to use my stash of cotton yarn to make FBB's. It's an easy, no brainer pattern that I already memorized! :lol

Here's to Fat Bottom Bag Fever!

Thanks Everyone!

I am halfway done with my 3rd bag. It's a bright pink and white tweedy cotton bag and since I used hdc instead of herringbone hdc, I will have to line it (no biggie). I find if I use the hdc, there is more texture to the bag and I can crochet it faster :lol

yarndiva

I wanted to ask you what kind of cotton yarn do you use?? I have peaches & cream in cones, I'm just wondering if that would work??

I really like your purse??:manyheart especially blue that, one of my favorite colors :c9

I used a mercerized bulky cotton cabled yarn that I won on eBay a looong time ago. It was faded so I doubled it and the effect was lovely!! And I was able to save the yarn from the trash!!

Definately something addictive about the fat bottom bag. I've done 3 myself. I have to get batteries for my camera. My favorite bag was done with Lion Brand Suede yarn. That one came out really great.

Hi Everyone

I just bought the book-Stitch & Bitch Crochet, last night, it should be at our home, friday, yahoooooo:clap

Do you think that peaches & cream regular, or thick cotton, would work, to make at least one purse:c9 ???

Hi Everyone

I just bought the book-Stitch & Bitch Crochet, last night, it should be at our home, friday, yahoooooo:clap

Do you think that peaches & cream regular, or thick cotton, would work, to make at least one purse:c9 ???

Hi Carol,

Yes, Cotton would work lovely for your purse, in fact the green bag in the book was worked in Lion Brand Cotton (same stuff, diff. brand). All my bags will probably be done in cotton because it's all I have right now :lol

I hope to visit my friend either tonight or tomorrow night for help on the lining, so right now it's a BICO that I am working on for one of my girls.

HTH!!

yarndiva

Thank you for your info., to tell you the truth, I wouldn't have any cotton yarn either, but I went online, to amazon.com, and peaches & cream, and about a month after it was delivered to me, we had gone to town, to walmart, & michaels, & they now have it at both places:clap

yarndiva, but i dont see the picture there. i would love to see the second bag you have mentioned.

You can see it in my January Projects Gallery link in my siggy. ;)

Thanks!! :D

natcat: Murphy's law happens to everyone ALL the time :lol At least when you need to make more FBB's, you don't have to wait for it to be delivered to you!! You can go in the middle of the night (at least at Wal-Mart) to buy more :lol

kat: The title of the book is "Stitch n Bitch: The Happy Hooker" that is usually available at Barnes & Noble, amazon.com (I got a hardback one for half the price that included shipping), and other fine bookstores. You can also request for one at your local library!!

Archived