My first felted purse

princsstrish

I tried my hand at "fulling". I used Marlo's small felted purse pattern that was RAOK'ed to me. I used some Bartlett wool bought at the LYS. I wasn't impressed with the process. It did shrink a few inches, but I can still see my stitches. People said I'd be hooked but I'm really not. I just wasn't that impressed with it. I'll make the Market bag when I buy the wool but after that. I'll stick to regular items I think. Oh well. It was good to know what everyone was talking about though.

Before washing

th_100_0187.jpg

After 1 cycleth_100_0188.jpg

Final Productth_100_0189.jpg

I think your bag turned out quite nice I especially like the colors!:clap I would like to try felting but unfortunately since I live in student housing I have a laundromat and can't change the temperature of the washer. :ohdear

:frog

~AshEgypt~

very nice trish, i think you did a great job. maybe you mght have to wash it more to finish it, i have heard that sometimes it takes a few times. try it againa nd let us know how it comes out.:hug :hug vicki

I ran it through 3 wash cycles with hot water. it didn't do much between the 2nd and 3rd so i stopped. It's cool, but not something I can see myself doing all the time. It's good to know the process though and not be afraid of it.

thanks for all of your compliments.

I really like that. The more I see of these felted items the more I like them. I may have to try that sooner that later.

Archived