Comfortghan for a dear friend **UPDATED, PIC ON POST 25**

jchllm

With uteran and breast cancer. I am heartbroken.

My dear friend just found out she has both of these cancers and has decided not to tell her grown children yet until she has a sugery date. I'm at a loss as to what to do so I thought I'd maybe try to make her a comfortghan and am asking for your help.

I'm thinking 12" squares in greens would be good. I'm going to start today using a sage green color. If you can help me I would really appreciate it. I'm hoping to send it to her as soon as I possibly can so she can use it when she goes for surgery (yet unsheduled).

My address is Lisa Marchand

809 Willow Drive, Wills Point, TX

Please PM me if you can help. I would really appreciate it. :manyheart

Lisa: I'm on my way to the PO to send out two squares. Two different shades of green. They don't really go together on their own but with all the others you get/have I hope they go well.

Thank you Wanda, Selena and Lucy

I've been working hard to get some squares done and am on my 5th one now. I think I want 16 or 20 squares so we'll see how many I get and how many I have time to make.

I can't thank you enough for your help.

Lisa, I went to walmart to get some green yarn, and came across this new yarn they have, it's a small ball, Red Heart. LTD. called Bijou, the color I got is peridot, it's a light sage/sea foam color. It is a nylon/mohair/wool/metalic blend, It's soft and fluffy, and it had a thin glittery thread running through it. It's neat to touch. I used a lacy square pattern, and put 4 together, so it is exactly 12". I tried to post a photo, but had trouble uploading. Anyhow, I hope it helps to bring your friend comfort. I'll be mailing it out the first of next week. Hopefully you'll have it by the end of the week.

(sorry, I think I ramble to much sometimes) ;)

One square sent today in medium sage. Hope it helps!

Thank you Selena. Got the square today. It's nearly the exact color I've been using! What pattern did you use?

Thanks so much

Lisa, I am glad you received the square! I used a version of the Bobby's Square pattern designed by Mary Carroll. I used a G hook and stopped after round 10 then sc all around. This is a pattern I use a lot, because it really is easy and looks good! Here's the link:

http://www.heartmadeblessings.org/patterns/BobbysSquare.asp

If you need some more, I have some dusty teal and hunter green, I am about out of the sage! LOL!

I really like the Bobby Square also. I think that is one I also sent to Lisa.

Thank you so much. I received your two squares today, along with the beautiful cancer ribbons. I will attach them to the squares you made.

Also thank you so much :hug to Kelly, Jodi and (sorry no name was included) someone from Stafford VA for other lovely squares that were sent.

I can't thank you all enough. You've helped me so much. I'm still waiting for a few more squares and then I will put it together. As soon as I do I will post a picture on here for y'all to see.

Thank you again....:manyheart:hug

How are you coming along? do you need any more squares? It would give me an excuse to try the Bobby Square. I could get it in the mail in a couple of days.

:heart Terry

Terry, I have 3 Bobby Squares......would love 1 more to even it out. If you could have it out to me by the end of the week I could sure use it.

Let me know if you can.

Thanks a bunch.

:manyheart:hug

Thanks for the PM I will get them made.

I will try to get one out to you too. Will pray for your friend and her family.

Glad you received the squares. There is one more coming with some more goodies!! :hug to your friend.

Thank you so much ladies for your lovely squares. They are very pretty.

MLLORF I must say.......I think you should publish your cancer ribbon pattern. It's beautiful.

I also got a square from Annie in Austin TX but I'm not sure what your name is on here........tyvm

Sorry Lisa, I'm Annie in Austin TX. I thought I stuck in a note to you with my crochetville name in the envelope but I guess not... :think I'm glad you got my square and I hope to see a pic of the completed comfortghan soon!

A HUGE :hug for everyone who helped me with this comfortghan. I was not prepared for the outpouring of kindnesss by everyone. I sat for over a week just crocheting squares and I ended up making 14 squares on my own. Then two days in a row they just all started pouring in. I cannot tell you how that made me feel.

I was not able to use all the squares so, with your permmission, I will make the rest (and add a few of my own) into a ghan and donate to the local old age home. My husbands grandmother spent her last years there so it's a soft spot for him. If you don't see your square in the picture and would like your square back instead of being included in the 'other' ghan please let me know.

Here is a picture......

th_100_1394.jpg th_100_1392.jpg

DH is sending it off today by Priority mail so I hope she gets it by the weekend to help her. She's having a tough time so any possitive thoughts and/or prayers would be appreciated. I would include her name but she has not told her children yet. I do not think any of her girls come on here, but just in case.

Thank you again soooo much!! :manyheart

Archived