Bride Doll

Kelle

Hello there... I finished this this weekend for my sister for Christmas (she collects Bride Dolls). It is my first real thread project (other than a few bookmarks) and it was pretty easy as long as I made sure I read the directions correctly :eek I did everything from her base skirt, to arranging her little bouquet, to making her veil. It was actually very fun, I really enjoyed working with the thread to make her...

Anyways, I'm really pleased with how it came out and my sister (and everyone else) was very impressed as well, to say the least...

And without further ado, here she is...

th_P1010035.jpg

th_P1010039.jpg

(clickable)

Thanks for looking!

~k

(and I will be posting the pattern leaflet for sale or trade here in the next few days!)

She is so pretty and you did a great job. I attempted to make a Princess Diana Bride Doll, but lost interest and never finished. It was a great pattern and after seeing your bride doll I wish I finished mine. Thanks for sharing you pics.

Linda

Norwood, PA

Thank you all for your kind comments :blush. I am amazed at what can be done with a ball of thread and a hook! In retrospect, she probably should not have been my first "non-bookmark" thread project but what can I say? I am a determined perfectionist (sometimes not a good combination :devil)! Parts of her were frogged a number of times as I had a tendency to read the pattern too fast sometimes :eek Oh well, such is life, eh?

.... and I have lots of thread left over...perhaps I will try my hand at a doily next? :hook

Anyways, thanks again for looking...

~k

Archived