edgery doo!!!

theworm

Oh! I SOOOO want one of those embroidery sewing machines! A cheap one is about $1000 though, so I'm not going to get one any time soon. I can dream though!

As for Edgerydoo. I bought the original kit - then went back and got the 6" and 10" squares. I love them! I don't think you have to go nuts and buy all the sizes, but if you like the look of the projects on the site that are joined squares, I would recommend getting the original and one set of 2 squares to start. :)

Actually, my combo one (a Singer CE100) I got for about 550. It has a done of features and does awesome embroidery...just one color at a time. That means that I can do multi-color pictures, but I have to change out the color every time. Also, think about getting a rebuilt one, or a second-hand one. This way you can test it out and see what you like or not, without paying big $$ for it.

ok...that's it. I AM BUYING ONE!!! I am thinking the corner kit and a 2 square pack (instead of the 4 square pack). So what square pack should I get...HELP I CAN"T DECIDE?!?!?!

I have an edgerydoo, and I love it! :cheer

There are a few pics on my picturetrail page of things I've made. (see below for the link)

I found that using corrugated cardboard (4-5 layers) works fine to put under the project for punching the holes. I never got ceiling tiles.

My most recent edgerydoo project was a flannel Halloween blanket that I edged in fun fur. I washed it, sewed it together, punched the holes, made the foundation chain very loosely in a cotton thread (since I couldn't find a lightweight acrylic cotton) and then washed it again so that the thread would shrink. Here's a link to the crochetville posting about it: http://crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62584

I hope you enjoy yours!

:D

I cannot believe how fast shipping was with them. I just ordered one on Thursday and got it already today. Now, I am feeling like a little child wondering what should I do first.

• 2 months later...
I cannot believe how fast shipping was with them. I just ordered one on Thursday and got it already today. Now, I am feeling like a little child wondering what should I do first.

What package should I order?

I would like to make the joining squares but also a regular size receiving blanket, say 30".

Thanks for ya'll help.

Well, that was the hard part for me. I got 2 of them. The original one that is a rounded corner. But I also got one with 2 squares. (the 12 inch and 6in I think). To me it would be personal preference. I would start off with the original one and then if you like and would use it go back and order another one.

I think definitely start with the original - it's great for receiving blankets (or larger) and you can use it to help cut squares, but if you find you like doing squares, order a kit for the sizes you like. I got the kit for the 12" and 8". :)

Edgery doo! I ordered mine yesterday. All I hear about is using this for blanket edgings. How about thinking out of the box and making other things with this tool. I have a pattern for a vest that this tool will work for great. Any body eles have any good ideas?

got my edgery doo yesterday :c9:manyheart

I think we need a corner just for edgery doo projects. I am gonna do my first one this wk. Gotta clean my craftroom first :( :( :(

I remember buying some fleece at HL couple yrs ago and it was a bit expensive.

Where do you all buy the fleece? WM? I wanna make blankets for charity. I remember paying around $8/yd. That's a bit steep for my budget.

You can sometimes find fleece for $3 a yard at WalMart but you need to look around for it. I also look in the remnant bind to find some. Also if you have a Pat Catan near you sometimes theirs go on sale. Fleece can be pricey but watch for the sales at JoAnns (which I think it was either this week or last) for it to go on sale. Good luck.

• 3 months later...

So.... Just so I understand... I looked this up on google... an Edgery doo is something that you use to be able to put a border on cloth items like blankets and towels?

Archived