Update: Finished picture/Comfortghan needed for soldiers mom

lhasaapsolady

A few weeks ago someone had asked me about making an afghan for a soldier who had been burned in the war. It just so happens that this soldier was my aunts nephew. Last Tuesday my mom asked my aunt about the ghan and she said that would be greatly appreciated, but they were not expecting him to live. He has since passed away, but I would still like to make one for his mom. His service was yesterday.

I was hoping that you ladies could contribute squares so I can make a comfortghan for his mom. I will put them together and give them to my aunt and she will deliver the comfortghan.

Any 8" square would be fine, in subtle or primary tones, nothing flourescent, if you don't mind. I'd like to have the squares by end of the month, which gives you about 2 weeks to get them made. Thanks ever so much for considering this. Will pm you my address if you want to make them.

I'm so sorry to hear about this great loss... My prayers are for your aunt and the rest of the family...

Can you please pm me your mailing address and I'll get squares out to you fast.

I mailed my squares on Saturday, along with a little something for you and your Aunt. :)

Coralie

Thanks for the country blue and navy blue square they are very pretty. And a big thanks and :hug for the little extra you included.

I am now up to 20 squares. I am going to start putting a border around them all, hopefully I'll get at least 10 more for a nice size.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all the ladies who sent squares for this comfortghan. I think it looks great and I know you all put lots of love and prayers in the squares that you sent. It will be greatly appreciated. Here is the finished project.

click to enlarge

th_DSCN1261.jpg

Archived