Using a nostepinne

Etrnlife

I have a nostepinne (http://www.hatchtown.com/nostdir.html) made form a $3 chair leg. :) Can anyone help me figure out what to do with the yarn ends while storing the little cakes? Even though the cakes don't roll around in the drawers the yarn tails still float about and attract eachother into nice tangles. :think

i agree just tuck the outside end into the ball under a few strands, it will stay secure and not get tangles (i hate when you spend 20 minutes trying to "free" a ball) and i agree tugging the middle end out just a touch will remind you exactly which end to use, i have found when i make center pulls if i forget to tuck the outside end in i have been known to start on the outside end and not the center pull, which is a real pain! good luck

I have never heard of this way to roll balls of yarn. Really sounds interesting. I am sure the yarn gets into a nicely shaped ball that way.

I would think to put a rubberband on the outside to hold the outside loose end.

Thank you for enlightening us on this method.

:manyheart I learn so much here!

Thanks for the suggestions. I decided to put the outside tail under a couple of wraps to keep it out of the way. It shouldn't tangle being under the last two wraps I made. I left enough of the end sticking out to be seen, but not enough to get in the way. I popped the inside end back down the hole. No ends to worry about. :clap

Archived